Part III: Chapter 3

After a bit of fun, we regrouped to discuss the problem at hand and the reason for our voyage. Caspian explained how our military efforts in the past years have created peace throughout all of Narnia.

"Peace?" Edmund repeated looking amazed.

"Yes, it is as peaceful as when we all reigned together," I nodded with a smile.

Lucy smirked. "And have you found yourself a queen yet?" she slyly asked Caspian.

I snorted making him shoot a playful glare in my direction. Of course, he hadn't. He refused to despite even my best efforts.

"No," he admitted aloud, "Not one to compare to your sister."

Lucy and I both chuckled. I shook my head a bit. What is it with us and these Pevensies? I guess once you've loved a Pevensie, it's impossible to love another. At least, that has been my experience. Edmund, however, was still looking at the map.

"Hang on, so if there's no wars to fight and no one's in trouble—why are we here?" he questioned with a confused frown.

"That's a very good question," I nodded and the two siblings looked over at me, "Sadly, I have no answer for you. We can only trust that there is a reason."

They both nodded.

"So then where are we sailing?" Edmund asked.

Caspian stepped forward to explain, "Before we took back the throne from my uncle, he attempted to assassinate my father's closest friends and allies known collectively as the Seven Lords of Telmar."

He turned to the wall behind us where drawings of the seven men were tacked up.

"They fled to the Lone Islands," he continued pointing to the place on the map, "No one's heard from them since."

"We plan to find out what happened to them," I concluded.

A heavy silence filled the room. I placed a gentle hand on Caspian's shoulder. He nodded offering a small smile in return. I know this journey will be hard for him. Especially if it ends how we both feel it will.

"What's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy asked leaning over the map.

We all gathered back around it.

"Uncharted waters," the captain answered, "Things you can barely imagine. Tales of sea serpents and things of the sort."

Edmund and Lucy exchanged disbelieving grins.

"Sea serpents?" Edmund repeated.

I shook my head with a soft laugh as the captain's expression remained void of emotion. He was not one that took kindly to jokes or to playful jests.

"Never mind him Captain," I suggested lightly.

"Yes, that's enough of your tall tales," Caspian nodded biting into an apple.

"Caspian," I sharply reprimanded him, but he just smirked.

Both Pevensies laughed.

Percy

I hummed along with the song Sir Reppicheep was singing. He liked to sing it a lot, and by now I'd picked up the tune. We both stood on the bow of the ship like Mother had been doing earlier this morning.

"That's pretty," a voice called startling both of us.

I turned to see Aunt Lucy walking over with a smile. She frowned playfully.

"Does your mum know you're up here like that?" she teased.

My face reddened and I hurried back to the main part of the ship.