Part I: Chapter 16

"Are you sure we should leave him here?" I asked Peter as I watched Percy toddled around the room.

His little legs couldn't get him very far, but he didn't seem to mind switching between walking around crawling. His little mane of curly blond hair bounced around with every movement.

"He's almost one and gets around better than most little ones his age," Peter shrugged smiling as he watched our boy too.

"And how would you know that? He's the only baby human here," I laughed.

Peter threw a lazy smile in my direction leaning down and kissing me.

"Ew!"

We both turned in surprise. Percy giggled before toppling backwards onto his bum.

"Of all the words to exist, his first word is 'ew'," Peter stated with an amused look.

"He probably got it from Edmund," I replied laughing.

I knelt down and held out my arms. Percy crawled over, half way through he decided to walk or rather stumble instead. I picked him up with a smile and spun him around.

"Who's my handsome little prince?" I laughed kissing his nose.

He giggled uncontrollably clapping his hands again. Peter chuckled. We both turned when the door to our room opened and Susan walked in. She smiled at the sight of Percy who immediately reached in her direction.

"I thought we were going on a hunting trip," she remarked taking Percy from my arms to hold him for a bit.

"I know, I know. I just don't know if I want to leave Percy here alone," I sighed, "I don't feel comfortable leaving my baby alone so soon."

"We'll only be gone for a few hours. We'd come back by nightfall. I'm sure the nymphs and fauns would love taking care of little Percy until we return," she replied.

"That's what I suggested," Peter nodded.

"If it will put you more at ease-"

We all jumped at the sound of the deep voice. We turned to see Aslan standing in the doorway with a look of amusement on his face.

"Aslan!" I cried happily walking over and hugging the lion.

He nuzzled my cheek affectionately.

"Hello my child. It has been some time," he chuckled looking to Susan who still held Percy, "The newest addition to the family."

I took Percy back from her and held him close to Aslan. His little blue eyes widened at the sight of the massive lion. I worried for a second that he might get scared, but instead he giggled and stuck his hands in Aslan's mane. We all laughed as he ran his hands through the soft fur with a look of awe.

"I know you all wish to hunt for the White Stag, and to find it, it will require all of you working together. I will watch over Percival until you all return," Aslan stated.

I looked to Peter who nodded with a smile.

"That is an excellent idea," I replied moving to set Percy down.

Aslan bent down and picked him up by the back of his little tunic. Percy's eyes widened but he merely giggled again and clapped.

"Such a happy little baby," I chuckled as Peter wrapped his arms around my waist.

"He gets it from his mum," he stated leaning down and kissing me.

"Ew!" Percy cried.

"And that he gets from his uncle," I laughed.