Part III: Chapter 1

Nine years later...

"En guard!" I called out jumping from behind the throne.

"Whoa there! Where did you get that sword?" Uncle Caspian chuckled stepping back in time to avoid the blade.

"I found it," I shrugged nonchalantly shaking my bangs out of my face.

"Uh huh. And I shouldn't be expecting one of my guards to enter sword-less any minute now should I?"

I made a face with a huff. He held out his hand with a smirk.

"Okay, fine," I grumbled handing it over.

"Besides, I thought you might prefer this one anyway," he said.

I looked up to see him holding a magnificent sword. He held it out to me. I picked it up surprised by how well it fit in my hand. It was a bit heavy but the grip felt perfect.

"Whoa..." I breathed swinging it a few times.

"It was your father's," a voice chuckled making me turn.

Mother walked into the throne room with a smile on her face like always. I've only seen her frown when she talked about Father. And even then, she often began to smile despite any tears.

"It's magnificent," I marveled holding it up and watching how it caught the light.

"Happy Birthday, my love," she said kissing head.

I smiled hugging her.

"Should I give him the other one now or later at the party?" Uncle Caspian questioned catching my attention.

"Other one?" I questioned raising an eyebrow.

"I think we should wait," Mother responded with a sly smile.

"Oh c'mon!" I groaned.

"I don't know. Ten year old boys aren't the best at being patient," Uncle Caspian replied smirking.

"Oh we might as well give it to him," Mother laughed gesturing to Uncle Caspian.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. I took the box eagerly and unwrapped it. Inside was a shiny silver compass. I stared at the beautiful compass rubbing my thumb against the smooth silver in awe.

"Wow, this is incredible," I murmured.

"And you'll learn how to use it soon enough," Mother replied once again smiling, "We're going on a trip."

"Where to?" I frowned in confusion.

"To find the lost lords of Telmar," she answered her smile growing.

My jaw dropped instantly. What?! Uncle Caspian laughed clapping me on the back.

"It's time you got to have a little adventure, Percy. So on my next voyage, you and your mother will be joining me," he announced proudly.

"Yes!"

Aewryn

I'd been unsure of the idea at first but seeing Percy jumping up and down in excitement was enough to reassure me. He started rambling about the stuff he needed to pack before we left.

"He's very much like you," Caspian chuckled softly.

"And a spitting image of his father," I sighed shaking my head with a sad smile, "If only Peter could see him now."

Caspian took my hand gently.

"He's definitely old enough now. We just have to wait for Edmund and Lucy now. Then you both can go home," he reminded me.

"You are right," I nodded letting out a small breath, "Until then though, this will be a good way to take my mind off of things."

"You miss the battles," he chuckled bumping my arm.

"The death and peril? No. The thrill? In every way imaginable," I nodding laughing as well.

"I guess this trip will be good for the both of you then."

I nodded once again. Yes, it really will.