Part III: Chapter 2

Comenzar desde el principio

"Aewryn?"

I nodded with a laugh. Lucy's bright smile widened even more as I wrapped her in a towel.

"You look so grown up!" she remarked.

"Well that does happen, Lu," I teased lightly.

I jumped a bit when a towel was wrapped around my lower back. Chuckling I reached down and pulled it up around my shoulders. Edmund and Lucy's eyes widened in amazement as my little helper stepped out from behind me with a bright smile. Edmund looked between us a few times.

"Is that...?" Lucy breathed squatting a bit so they were eye level.

"Yes," I nodded stroking his hair, "Percy, this is your Aunt Lucy and your Uncle Edmund."

"Hi!"

"He looks so much like Peter," Edmund breathed shaking his head a bit.

My heart fluttered a bit at the sound of his name. Lucy glanced up from Percy to me.

"How is he?"

"He misses you," she said her face falling, "Mum and Dad took him and Susan with them on a trip to America. He writes a lot though and in every letter, he asks if we've gone back to Narnia yet."

I sighed swallowing back tears. A small warm hand pressed into mine. I looked down to Percy who smiled up at me gently. Laughing softly, I smiled back at him. My little happy baby.

"Yeah, it's so annoying how much he talks about you and Percy," Edmund snorted lightening the mood.

I rolled my eyes at him but Percy looked surprised.

"He talks about me?" he questioned his little brow furrowing.

"Only thing he talks about more than your mum," Edmund nodded, "If he could see you right now..."

Percy's smile was so big that I knew he'd be complaining about a sore face later.

"Why don't you go with your Uncle Ed and he can tell you all about your father? I need to change and so does Lucy," I suggested.

Percy nodded and ran over to Edmund nearly tackling the poor teen in his excitement. Lucy and I smiled after them before heading below deck to my chambers. I gave her some clothes to change into and began to change myself.

"He is a spitting image of Peter," she marveled as she pulled the white shirt over her head.

"Tell me about it," I laughed before my smile wavered, "It's a bit painful."

Her eyes softened.

"Remember what Aslan said. You could go home once we returned to Narnia," she reminded, "So we just need to do whatever we were brought here for and then you two can be together again."

"And Percy can grow up with a father," I nodded.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Well Caspian as his uncle is not really a substitute," I elaborated with a small chuckle as I tied my hair back with a ribbon, "I meant to ask: who is the blond boy?"

She pulled a face which made me laugh.

"He's our annoying cousin, Eustace. I can't believe he came with us," she huffed.

"If he's here, it's part of Aslan's plan," I shrugged and she nodded.

Percy

I sat on a random barrel as Uncle Edmund and Uncle Caspian were sword-fighting. It was odd seeing someone I'm supposedly related to. Mother had showed me paintings and drawings of our family but to have them in front of me is odd. I can't help but wonder why everyone says I look like my father. I don't see it.

"Have you trained him with a sword?" Uncle Edmund asked Uncle Caspian with a raised eyebrow.

I smiled knowing they were talking about me.

"Why don't you see for yourself?" Uncle Caspian chuckled.

He waved me over. I hopped off the barrel. Uncle Edmund looked me over a bit.

"Do you have a sword?" he asked.

I nodded and drew the sword Uncle Caspian and Mother had given me. It was still heavy but I'd practiced quite a bit with it since we boarded the ship. I could use it pretty well. His eyes widened.

"Mother says it belonged to my father," I told him.

He smiled and nodded.

"It did."

He then got into a starting position and held up his sword in challenge.

"Well, c'mon then!"

Aewryn

Lucy gasped in surprise hearing the sound of swords clashing. I laughed and led her toward the area the men often used to duel. My eyes widened in surprised, however, at the sight of Edmund sparring with Percy.

"Oh this should be interesting," I mused and Lucy nodded.

We watched with the crew. Edmund was definitely going easy on Percy but Percy didn't seem to mind. He was having the time of his life.

"I think we should show this boys a real fight," I remarked drawing my sword.

"Oh yes!" Lucy squealed laughing.

I stepped forward. Percy went to parry a strike from Edmund but the elder boy used the younger one's momentum to twist the sword out of his hands. Peter's sword clattered to the deck. I slid right in, my blade crossing Edmund's. His eyes widened in surprise.

"Oh that's unfair!" he exclaimed.

"I'm defending my son's honor," I laughed shoving him back.

He laughed and our swords locked once more. I don't know when Percy jumped back in but once he did, Edmund was outmatched. I finally knocked the sword from his hand as Percy leveled his sword with Edmund's throat. Ed chuckled holding his hands up in surrender.

"Alright, I yield!"

I smiled over at Percy who looked beyond excited. He sheathed his father's sword and stood proudly.

"Of course you do," he stated.

Edmund pulled a face before glaring at him teasingly.

"Don't push it, Percival."