Part II: Chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Did you hear that?" I questioned.

He moved to shake his head but froze as the sound came again. Our eyes widened in sync and we took off running down the hallways. We raced through the maze of the castle until we finally reached a room with the door slightly ajar. Again the sound echoed through the hall but this time so close I could almost touch it. Hesitantly, I pushed the door open and entered the room. A gasp fell from my lips instantly.

"Mama!"

I rushed to the opposite side of the room where Percival sat amid a tower of pillows giggling and smiling. Scooping him up in my arms, I smothered his face in kisses causing him to laugh even more. A strong pair of arms moved around me as Peter joined the two of us laughing. I couldn't stop the tears streaming down my face as I held tightly onto my baby.

"Percy! Oh my precious little Percy!" I cried kissing him even more.

The voices of the others came down the hall. We turned as Susan, Edmund, and Lucy walked into the room. Shock filled all of their faces.

"How is that possible?!" Susan exclaimed.

"Aslan," I praised shaking my head as I smiled, "Aslan."

*********************************************************************************************

Susan and Lucy helped me to create a sling to go over my shoulder and back as a means of carrying Percy. Then we set out from the ruins of Cair Paravel to find someone who could tell us what happened. As we wandered down the beach, Lucy stayed by my side constantly making faces at Percival. He giggled and laughed squirming around as she did so. Peter walked on my other side, his hand in mine, a smile never leaving his face.

"Let's get this over with. I don't like the way he's looking at me."

I frowned looking around. We all paused spotting a small rowboat not from shore. Two soldiers stood on the boat. One had a dwarf in hand and was holding him over the edge of the boat. Susan notched an arrow and shot it. Both men looked up.

"Drop him!" she snapped.

"Susan wait!"

The men happily obliged letting the dwarf go. Susan shot two arrows killing both as Edmund and Peter rushed into the water. Lucy, Percy, and I stood on the beach watching. The boys returned, Peter carrying the dwarf and Edmund tugging the boat ashore. I waded into the water and helped pull it to the shoreline. I turned back around at the sound of coughing and gagging.

"Drop him? Is that the best you could come up with," the dwarf spat.

"A simple thank you would suffice," Susan huffed though I caught the slight blush at her misguided comment.

"They were doing a fine job drowning me thank you very much," the dwarf huffed scrambling to his feet.

I frowned offering him a hand when he struggled. He looked at my hand with a furrowed brow before looking up. His eyes flickered to my shoulder where Percival's head poked out, his blue eyes watching the dwarf curiously.

"Maybe we should've let them," Edmund snorted rolling his eyes.

"Who were those men?" I asked helping the dwarf up.

"Telmarines," he answered gruffly.

"Telmarines? In Narnia?" Lucy gasped in shock.

"Where've you been the last thousand years," the dwarf chuckled.

Susan handed Peter his sword which he'd thrown down when going to rescue the dwarf. I watched the dwarf's eyes widened as Peter tied his belt back on before reaching for my hand. I took his hand with a small smile and looked back to the dwarf as the other Pevensies turned to him with smiles. The dwarf's eyes widened once again.

"No way that you're- You're them! The Kings and Queens of Old?" he breathed in disgruntled misbelief.

"High King Peter," Peter introduced himself before adding, "The Magnificent."

"You coulda left the last part off," Lucy giggled.

Percy giggled too though I doubted he knew what was going on.

"Ya you coulda," the dwarf chuckled.

By now everyone was smiling. Peter raised an eyebrow unsheathing his sword.

"You might be surprised," he challenged.

I smiled as his siblings gave him confused looks. The dwarf looked slightly shocked but then smirked.

"You really don't wanna do that, lad," he chuckled darkly.

"Not me, him," Peter replied turning the sword for the dwarf to take the sword as Edmund drew his sword.

The dwarf looked at the younger king with a skeptical look. Then he took Peter's sword. The sword hit the sand as the dwarf pitched forward a bit. Edmund chuckled but then with lightning quick reflexes the dwarf began to attack. He only got one solid hit in before Edmund effectively disarmed him. I nodded approvingly as Edmund glanced to me and Peter with a smile. Lucy clapped excitedly. Meanwhile the dwarf had taken on a look of awe.

"You really are them. That blasted horn worked," he breathed.

Susan and I exchanged a look.

"What horn?"