Part 3 - Welcome Happiness in my Life!

Start from the beginning

But as said, and correctly so, there's a limit to everything in this life. And there's a limit to her tolerance level as well. She accepted being kept away from the discussions and decisions of her husband's birthday party, she tolerated the taunts and disgusting looks Anjali and Payal had been giving her ever since they reached home, but she couldn't tolerate his family inviting Arnav's ex girlfriend to his birthday party without even consulting her before, and the worst part, she had no knowledge about his ex girlfriend and their past. 

Anjali, Payal and Lavanya's evil laughter haunted her mind as she kept getting the flashbacks of the conversation, she overheard between the three ladies when she descended the stairs to leave with Nani after confronting Arnav about his past with Lavanya.

Flashback

"Lavanya you need to remind Chote today about his most embarrassing birthday ever," Anjali chuckled, chatting with Lavanya and Payal in the living room.

"Oh yeah.. I heard about that from Akash," Payal giggled, "I couldn't believe what I heard.. You two were crazy!"

"Di.. Payal please!" Lavanya bit her lips embarrassedly, looking down at the floor.

"What please? Just for fun.. I'm sure everyone will laugh about that day now.. even Chote! You don't need to be embarrassed now," Anjali pulled Lavanya's cheek, as she convinced Lavanya to tease her brother.

"Everyone might laugh except his wife. I don't think ASR told her about me. Now just imagine how would she feel if she gets to know that Nani caught us making love on his birthday in the past," Lavanya said, pretending to not approve Anjali's idea.

"It's past now. She doesn't have to feel bad about it," Anjali shrugged.

Khushi covered her mouth with her palm to suppress a gasp, she was shocked and disgusted to hear the truth about her husband. Why had he lied to her that he'd never been physically intimate with anyone before? And the fact that Nani had to witness that scene made her feel more disgusted and wonder what kind of man she married. She has always believed in physical intimacy after marriage and hearing about her husband's past acts shocked her deeply. She realized that she was completely different from him and his lifestyle. It scared her now. If this is just a glimpse into Arnav's dark past that he has kept hidden from her, then will she be able to wholeheartedly accept him now?

Nani walked out of the kitchen and gazed at Khushi standing at the staircase lost in her thoughts. She shouted to gain her attention, "Khushi bitiya.. What are you doing there? Let's go.. the driver must be waiting for us."

Khushi quickly composed herself, nodding her head, she descended the stairs and approached Nani as they headed together to the door.

Flashback ends.

************************************

Khushi walked back to her table, joining Nani who smiled a little at her.

She took her seat, much more composed now, not letting her face expressions give an hint to Nani that she had been crying in the washroom.

As their chocolate cake and two cups of cappuccino arrived, Nani thought to initiate a conversation with Khushi.

"Khushi bitiya are you happy?.. I mean with my grandson. It's been six months to your marriage, I hope he has been treating you well," Nani smiled, although she knew the answer, still she wanted to know it from Khushi's mouth and feel the satisfaction of being the cupid in their love story.

"I am, Nani," Khushi replied, half-smiling. She took a sip of her cappuccino, and when she raised her eyes to glance at Nani, she noticed the elder lady's face drop, taken aback by her curt reply devoid of any overwhelming emotion.