Part I: Chapter 8

Start from the beginning

"Hello my dear. Come in search of armor for you and the young queen?" she asked.

"Yes, do you happen to have any that might fight us?" I nodded.

"There were sets commissioned for each of you," she nodded gesturing to two mannequins decorated in beautiful armor.

I gasped in amazement walking over to admire them.

"How-?" I trailed off looking back at her.

"Aslan knows all," was her only response.

I smiled nodding in agreement.

"I will have someone bring them to your tent," she said.

"Thank you," I replied.

Suddenly the tent flap snapped open and a faun rushed in. With both looked at him in surprise as he gasped for breath.

"It's the White Witch. She has requested a meeting with Aslan," he gasped out.

I gasped in horror and quickly left the tent. The pair of us sprinted back to the main entrance of the camp. When we arrived, all the Narnian creatures were gathered together in front of Aslan's tent. I spotted the Pevensies standing together to one side near the front of the group. I hurried over to them. Lucy gripped my hand as soon as I got over there. I gave her a comforting smile.

"Jadis, the Queen of Narnia," a dwarf heralded as the witch's sleigh entered the camp.

Some of the Narnias cowered at her presence. I rolled my eyes and stood straighter staring her down. She glowered standing as Aslan approached.

"I am here to claim the blood of the youngest boy," she proclaimed, "He is a traitor therefore he belongs to me."

"His betrayal was not against you," Aslan stated stepping forward from the crowd to face her.

"Yes, but it is by nature's decree that anyone who is a betrayer belongs to me," she responded harshly.

"DO NOT RECITE THE DEEP MAGIC AT ME!" Alsan roared causing her to falter in her stance, "I was there when it was written. Do you think I do not know it?"

"Then you know my claim is fair," she stated trying to regain some ground in the matter.

"Then you know I have the right to take his place," I spoke out stepping forward.

Her beady eyes narrowed as they landed on me.

"And who are you to speak to me?" she hissed.

"I am Aewryn Kirk, the Protector of the Royal Family and the Guiding Counsil of Narnia. I have been here as long as you Jadis if not longer. I was taught by the very trees you have enslaved the Deep Magic and the history of the Olden Time. I was trained by Aslan himself for sixteen years. My grandfather ventured into Narnia thousands of years ago when he was merely a boy and built the wardrobe which served as a gateway from our world to Narnia. Who are YOU to speak to me?" I snapped raising my head high and leveling my gaze with her own.

Murmurs broke out on all sides. Confusion from her minions and the Narnians was clear. This was the first time my history had been made known to everyone. I could see the uncertainty that appeared in her eyes for a split second.

"I lay my life down in the stead of Edmund so that you may have your sacrifice," I announced kneeling and placing my hand on my chest.

Shouting and arguing broke out on either side. I felt Lucy throw her arms around me tightly and begin sobbing. I stroked her hair gently and kissed her head.

"Do not be frightened," I whispered in her ear.

"Enough!" Aslan roared silencing everyone before turning to Jadis, "We will speak of this matter in private."