Terminal Diagnosis Chpter 9

Comincia dall'inizio

" Lesley!" Rick stood up

" Rick she's gonna be okay she's not out of the woods but we will get her stabilized." Monica answered Rick's question 

Rick sat up by Lesley's side while he had the time to talk to her. " I'm right by your side Les, and everything's gonna be fine.. sometimes I forget what a stubborn fighter you can turn out to be.."

After a couple hours Lesley started to wake up to see Rick watching but grinning like a complete fool because she was okay and he knew he was gonna be able to have alittle fun with her there. 

" Rick, why do you keep smiling like that." 

" I'm smiling because I forgot how stubborn you are but also because you're gonna be okay and with you here I'm gonna have alot of fun." Rick grinned but leaned over to give Lesley a kiss

" The cancer is almost gone Rick and I have never felt better than I have in a long time... I'm just sorry that I ended up here again and took another fall..."

" Don't be Lesley, in fact you made it alot more fun for me which you might end up with being mad at me later but in the end for me it'll be worth it." 

" Richard Webber, you better not plan anything funny. While i’m here recovering."

Rick grinned " Me… would I do that? No I wouldn't try to do that… you rest and later I'm gonna be here to be with you for the night."

" Rick… please I don't want a big fuss over anything." Lesley looked slightly towards Rick

After another couple of weeks Lesley finally finished treatment and had Rick by her side to do the honors of clipping off her medical Chemo wrist band as they went out to celebrate at Dino's where Rick stood up.

" Everybody... I want to thank you for joining me tonight to not only celebrate this evening, but to celebrate with someone who to me is a very determined but is a very special person in my life... These last few months were touch and go and it was difficult some of the time for Lesley to believe she would make it.... Like me, she was scared about if she was gonna get to see everyone again but she also proved again that she is one tough nut to crack and a very stubborn little fighter. Lesley almost 40 years ago I made the best choice of my life when I finally chose to screw my head on straight to have the greatest love of my life back… Lesley I am one proud man because I have you and I am grateful to God that you are here by my side and I get to share this upcoming holidays with my son Riley, my daughters Genesis and Jesslyn and my beautiful wife. Here's to Lesley and her strong determination..." 

Rick sat down but noticed that Lesley had snuck out and had taken a moment to herself with Jessie outside

" Thanks Jessie..." 

" Let's go back inside and you can tell him how you feel... Tell him what you have been waiting to tell him, Lesley.." Jessie replied

Rick came outside to see if Lesley was okay and to see if she needed anything

" Les sweetheart are you alright..." Rick asked when he crouched down beside her

" I'm okay" Lesley sniffled " I'm sorry I just needed alittle bit of time...." 

" Sweetheart you don't have to be sorry not for anything… I meant every word I said in there. I am a proud man because I have you on my side and to top it all together you were able to put up a brave fight where you got through the biggest battle you had to face.... You got through these last few weeks and I'm proud of you for that scared or not. You faced your situation like a stubborn bug but not just any kind of bug." Rick paused and grinned when she looked up at him