Chapter 18: awakening

POV's are changing a lot for now so sorry if it's annoying it's to keep things going and following the plot of the anime.
Y/n pov

It was a stare down between us two, she hit hard and it reminded me of the first fight against sukuna. Although this felt more like a butterfly is a spiders web
" If you won't surrender then I'll just beat you till you can't fight back anymore." She raised her arm and brought it down with enough force to lift the air around us, I felt my body being lifted up from the ground and slowly fall back.
Well shit, I went really high and prepared to hit the ground only to be punched into the air again.

My eye hurts so bad and I just keep getting launched like a hacky sack.
"Come one Mazoku~ do something" she started mocking me, I clenched my stomach ready to land on her again but this time I grabbed her arm mid punch. The air left my lungs still and it felt like I broke some bones.
"No way lady..." I quickly wrapped my legs around her arm and forced my body to twist with me breaking it quickly.

I jump off once I hear a crack and quickly re-engage, we just keep going at it blow after blow and I even heard a 'blast away' in the distance which must have been inumaki. She is just really really strong. Every hit felt like I was going to come apart. Eventually she grabbed my head and slammed me face first into the ground.
"Let's do some gardening work together~" she grabbed my legs and kept my face in the ground pulling back using my face like a garden tool to make rows. I gripped the ground and spun around to catch her again but she just threw me away again and I landed on a tree branch.

"They have to be even rows you know..." her voice went from amused to clearly upset, she approached slowly. Every step my heart beats faster but it's not fear and not excitement just pure anger.
"Just give up, I'm a lot stronger than mahito and since you couldn't beat him with friends you have no chance here." Mahito? She must have seen that I was confused at the name and clarified.

"Right you don't know mahito~ it's who you all call the patchwork curse." I clenched my fist and dropped down off the branch I was on.
"So that's his name? Ugly name if I am being honest." She just laughed a bit and got closer. I have already fixed my injuries so I rush for her, it's a straight forward attack and I get her right in the nose making her straw hat fall off.

I felt my stomach turn at the sight of a skinless skull and my own eye in her own socket.
"This belongs to you right? Now I don't want to fight too much if you're weak so here." Some wind came from her hand as she pulled the hand out and launched it at me, I felt it rip though the flower and practically melt back into my body but it was different from before. And everything went black.

3rd person pov

Y/n was unconscious and healing while the skeleton head curse simply leaned down to her petting her head.
"I wish I got to know you a long time ago, maybe we could have fought then and not now" the woman picked y/n up and placed her on a tree adjusting her hair from her face. Her eye was back but purified, placing y/n into a deep sleep.

The others have backed off as itadori and todo finally confronted hanami. Saving Maki and Fushiguro from certain death.
"Alright friend, are you ready?" Todo spoke carefully with Maki in his arms while itadori simply got ready
"Yeah!"

Todo called for panda and handed Maki to him placing his hand on his hips "take these two and get them out of the veil, according to nishimiya this is an anti gojo vail so we can come and go as we please." Fushiguro spoke up with a gasp
"That curse hurt y/n not even you can-" but he was soon interrupted by itadori.
"Fushiguro" all eyes went to him as he spoke.

"It's ok" Fushiguro thought back on something and realized when the others already have.
"Seems you realize it now, those who grow in rings are untouchable by the rest of us" todo spoke loud enough for only Fushiguro to hear "that's exactly where itadori is now"