Chapter 15: my sweet little brother pt.2

Y/n pov

"Damn pei that was a-" I yawned and stretched my arms out wide almost smacking junpei
"-Really good movie choice" me and him watched a long slasher film that made me kinda tired but only because of how long it was
"Are you sure you liked it? If you didn't you can tell me cause we don't hav-" I stopped him right there before he went into a frenzy for apologies.

I pleaded my hand on his head and grew so I could pull him to my chest for a side hug.
"It's cool pei I really did like it, now can you explain it to me cause I am sure I didn't catch it as much as you" he smiled and hugged me back with some hesitation but he quickly got used to my show of affection.

Next thing I knew while we were talking we made our way to a park, there were no children considering the time of day. The sun was going down and younger kids were home probably eating dinner.
"I really liked the gore, it was a bit hard to watch at first since it looked so real." I could only nod at pei's words, it was really bloody.
"Yeah the scene with the barf all over Jackie and having to keep it on her face and hair the rest of the film is what got me, anything but that I wanted to cringe so bad!" The two of us went to sit down on the swing set while laughing our asses off.

"Yeah y/n your face was priceless, I heard you groan and the look in your eyes was just so much I almost laughed on the spot" I snapped my head to him quickly and I felt head rise to my face
"You saw my face in the theater! How!" He just laughed at my expression even more, how rude of him~
'Well since I have seen this movie before I wanted to know how you would react, like how you seemed to space out during the memory scenes, I actually have been meaning to ask you something" memory scenes? Oh yeah, the victims would have random memories of family,friends,lovers or anyone of importance before they died. It reminded me of my own little 'visions' I have had recently
"Ask away my boy~"

"Since you're a curse and all...do you...remember your family?" Pei looked worried to ask, I'm just surprised he didn't ask sooner knowing how curious he is about curses now.
"Sometimes I think I do." He just looked confused at my wording.
"Well to go into more detail I think I'm starting to remember, I call them visions. Sometimes certain people tend to fade away and I see some people who are so familiar in their place. Sometimes when I look at you smile I see this much younger figure and hear a voice call me 'y/n-nee-San"

He seemed to be in thought looking at his feet just swinging slowly, the small creaks of the swing made the silence more tolerable so that's nice.
"Really, do you think... you were a big sister before you died?" He stopped moving and looked at me, making eye contact which is rare for him to do, it happened again. He flashed but only for a moment
"Possibly, if I was I must have been a horrible big sister. I know they were killed with me and if he was my little brother then I failed to keep him safe."

I brought my hand up to the flower in my instinctively playing with the pedals.
"I think you were a great big sister. I mean if even after death and forgetting everything you still care enough to remember them deep down, I think you're a great sister figure to me." He quickly covered his mouth and I was only able to look at him wide eyed.
"I'm sorry y/n I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. I just see you like a big sister. I hope I don't offend you" I got off my swing and hugged pei tightly as if he would fade away like the boy in my visions.

"That's ok pei,really you remind me of a little brother so much. I know this may be soon but I love you pei and I won't fail as a big sister this time, I will protect you." My eye began to burn but no tears came out.
"I love you to y/n goodbye."
"What?"

(Reality)

I felt myself start to wake up from sensing a huge amount of cursed energy building slowly and a bunch of laughing from beside me. I opened my eyes and saw that junpei was right in front of Itadori laying dead, he's really dead.
"Hahaha~ oh dead already? Oh well I was rough when changing his shape, that's just how it goes~" right then and their itadori punched him square in the face doing some damage but patchwork backed off to the top of the stairs before he could do more.