4. Blast From The Past

It had been 2 days since Iris was missing and Barry had gone mad. He had stayed all night in STAR labs for the past 2 days trying to triangulate Godspeed's location to find Iris.

"Barry, come on you have to go home, it's been 48 hours!" Cisco says with a backpack on his back, ready to go.

"I can't. You guys go, I will try to find something." He spoke. Staring at the screen, fighting with an atomic model, trying to get a sign, a clue, anything, even for a split second, but alas, it was no use. He knew that, but wouldn't admit it.

Cisco looked at Ralph whose hands stuffed in his pockets, shrugged his shoulders. Frost rolled her eyes and stood up from her chair and started to walk.

"Adios peeps, unlike you boys, I enjoy my beauty sleep." She scoffed indicating the 3 men in front of her. "And if you need me, please don't wake me up, I have no interest in being the hero at 3 am." She mocked a salute to the boys and made her way out.

Barry looked over his shoulder slightly, watching her figure leave the cortex. Every time she left the cortex, fear gripped him. The same question constantly lingered in his mind: will she return, or not?

"See ya rookie, and get some rest." Ralph also walks out of the cortex. Barry turned to look at him.

Cisco sighs helplessly, almost tired from convincing him. But he had to, he was his best friend, he cared about him, and he knew that Barry would've done the same if he was in his place.

"Look man, we as humans need a break, and it is scientifically proven. So give that big brain of yours a rest, and we all will start fresh tomorrow. I promise." Cisco places the final nail in the coffin, giving a squeeze to his shoulders.

Barry looked up at him, his hair a mess, strands falling on his forehead, covering some of his vision. His eyes trying so hard to stay open from the lack of sleep. Exhaling heavily, Barry placed the atomic model on the table and took one last look on the screens.

"Okay, but we start again tomorrow." Barry finally says.

"You got it!" Cisco smiled finally convincing his friend.

.

.

.

Frost walked into the cortex and saw Cisco on the panels staring at the monitors and Ralph leaning on the table staring at his phone.

"Wow, shocking to see the love-sick Romeo not weeping here," Frost commented on Barry's absence in the cortex.

"I don't know where he is, he should be here any moment." Cisco multitasked while explaining.

"As I said, I am glad he is not here." Frost rolled her eyes.

Ralph and Cisco looked at her as if she was an alien.

"Jeez okay, Frosty. You don't have to be rude about it!" Ralph chimes in.

A strong wave of wind came knocking all the papers to the floor scattering to every corner of the cortex.

"Speak of the devil," Frost mumbled to herself while setting her hair that flew everywhere.

Cisco sighed.

"Can't you walk into the cortex?" He asked, bending over from his chair and picking up the papers.

"Sorry," Barry muttered, taking a seat next to him to get to work.

It looked like he had no sleep at all. Eyes red as blood, hair messed up, caressing his forehead, his clothes wrinkled, pleading to get straightened.

Frost curled her palms into fists, preventing herself from lashing out at him. She stomped and went to her lab, and stared at the computer waiting for Carla to join her.