24

The screen turned into a picture of human Elijah when he was younger.

"I'm not sure if any of you have noticed the scar on his cheek, you probably have, but I'm about to show you how it happened."

Elijah took a shaky breath.
Klaus turned to glare daggers at mikael.
"I assumed it was because you guys were Vikings and got hurt all the time on cool adventures or something." Jeremy said.

"Oh no, there's a story behind it. There's a story behind every scar mental and physical." Klaus said sadly.
"I know I've already thanked you a million times brother but I'd like to say thank you once more."

"Don't. You're my brother, I did what I had to do." Elijah smiled at him, rubbing where the scar once was.

"'Lijah how many more days will this last for?" Klaus asked as his stomach rumbled in hunger.

"I'm not sure Niklaus..." Elijah looked to be about 7 and Klaus around 5.
"It's only been 5 days. He said he's going to make us starve for 7. I don't think I can last that long." Klaus whimpered.

"I'm sorry what???" Caroline said.
"And I thought my daddy issues were bad..." everyone had similar thoughts to that.

"It was a common punishment."
Elijah said as if it were nothing.

Elijah looked at his brother and a look of anger took over his features.
"Stay here." Without giving Klaus an explanation.

"Where are you going!?" Klaus asked.
"To get some food for you. I don't need any but you do." Elijah's lisp had become barely audible.

"If father catches you-," Elijah cut him off and said, "If he does then I will pay."

Elijah left the room without another word and went down the stairs as quietly as he could. When he was down, the house seemed to be empty so he went to the kitchen and grabbed some fruits for Klaus.

When he turned around though... Mikael was looming over him.

"Well shit."
"Rest in peace little man."
"Could've given me a jump scare warning." Damon said, trying to lighten the mood. All he got was a small chuckle from Kol and a glare from Mikael.

"Boy, what are you doing? I thought I told you to go to your room. And that you were not to leave the room."
Mikael walked towards Elijah and Elijah started to slowly walk backwards.

They had exited the kitchen and made their way near the fireplace.
"Were you taking the food for Niklaus?" He asked calmly.
Elijah looked at the floor and nodded.

"I asked you a question boy, use your words!" Mikael raised his voice and made Elijah flinch.

"Calm your titties mikaelson!"

Elijah used his words and say yes quietly. Mikael reached for something in the fireplace then hit Elijah around the head with one of the pokers used to tend to the fire.

"HOLY CRAP!" The crowd erupted into chatter and anger.
"What sort of fucking father are you!?" Hayley shouted at him.

"Who in their right mind would do that!?" Elena said. She wasn't particularly fond of the other originals but Elijah was the exception. They were friends.
It pained her and many others to see this.

Elijah fell to the floor onto his hands and knees. His hands went to cradle his head as he cried out in paid.
Mikael smacked Elijah's body with the poker and told him to be quiet.

Mikael scoffed and threw the poker covered in blood to the side.
"Pathetic. If I catch you again, your punishment will be much worse."

"What could be worse than that?" Bonnie asked in disgust.
"A lot." The mikaelson siblings answered in reunion.

Mikael walked off and left Elijah there. When Elijah moved his hands, blood covered the entire right side of his face.

"Nahhh"
"I think I'm going to be sick." Katherine said and looked at the screen with disgust and sympathy.
"I'm alright now Katerina, it's fine." Elijah shunned away her worry for him and kissed her forehead.

"God you're a fucking psychopath." Caroline spat at mikael.

Elijah pulled himself up off the floor with all his strength and went back to his room.

When Klaus saw his brother's face, he immediately teared up and ran to give him a hug.

"I'm sorry 'Lijah!" He cried.

Elijah wiggled his arm a little and food fell from the sleeve. An apple, two a slices of bread and a block of cheese.

"After all that you still got it. Good on you."
"Atleast it wasn't a complete waste."

Klaus looked at Elijah for permission before taking the bread and scoffing it down with the cheese.

Elijah smiled the wobbled over to his bed.

"You had been hazy eyed and unbalanced for days afterwards. It was horrible." Klaus shuddered.

"I mean at least you got a cool scar." Stefan shrugged at the looks he got.

"I love you." Klaus hugged Elijah again and apologised for what happened.

What Klaus didn't see was the tears flowing down Elijah's face, mixing with the blood.

Mikael looked horrified at his actions now that he was seeing it all from a different perspective, 1000 years later with different views and opinions.