Chapter Four

(February, 2022)

She was anxious. The cold of February failed to wash away the beads of sweat that marred her forhead, tracing the crease in them. Her wavering nerves made her unconsciously pull out a sweater she just packed away in her trolley. She threw it away with a huff before sitting down on the bed.

There was specifically no reason for her to be apprehensive. Her plane ticket was confirmed, the primary school authorities, where she was a part-time computer teacher, had more than happily granted her the deserving two weeks holiday, her mother was doing fine and the weather was good. Then why did her hands shake, her teeth chattered, and her heart seemed like it would leap out of her ribcage any moment now?

Unfortunately, she didn't know.

The sound of a notification snapped her attention back to reality, as she unmindfully grabbed her phone. Switching on the screen, her heart-rate increased instantly when she read the words.

"BTS Suga created a new post."

With trembling fingers, she clicked on it. After two seconds of buffering, a picture appeared in front of her eyes. Min Yoongi had just updated a selca, his eyes calm, a soft smile with only his upper incisor and canine teeth visible, looking exquisitely handsome like always.

His face though, didn't take her breathe away like it seemed to do for the ARMYs in the comment section. Instead, it calmed her palpitating heart down, soothing the edges of her anxiety into a relieved smile.

Liking the post and dropping a single purple heart as a comment, she put away her phone, putting the sweater back in the trolley with blushing cheeks.

Pragya, her best friend slash soulmate, whom she met in university three years ago, was the one who introduced her to BTS in late 2020. She was going through a hard time then, got out of a toxic relationship just before the worldwide Covid lockdown. It took her almost the whole year to nurse her psychological wounds and though she succeeded a lot, there was still something missing. A sort of inspiration, a dedication, a push and a soft reminder that before all, she should love herself the most.

And that was when Bangtan Soneyondan walked into her life, flipping it upside down with the touch of their magical art.

As her soulmate was Kim Namjoon biased, she only knew him at first. Still out of curiosity one day, she'd asked Pragya a playful question.

"Which member of BTS do you think would suit me the most?" She asked. Pragya took only two seconds to reply.

"Suga. He's the lead rapper of BTS. He's struggled a lot in his life. Suicide attempts, depression, anxiety-- you name it. When I first got to know about him, your face flashed before my eyes. You two almost share the same demons, though personality wise you two are exact opposites." She finished with a chuckle.

It kind of made her interested, but not enough to Google the man.

Then during January of 2021, after their second semester in university, Pragya came over her house and during lunch, they binged on BTS songs. Kim Seokjin's vocals blew her mind away and when finally Namjoon's Moonchild came up to play, she knew there was no going back.

And she was grateful that she got sucked into the world of BTS.

Min Yoongi though, stayed right where he was, in the unchecked list of her Google searches. Subconsciously she avoided any videos concerning him on YouTube, or listening to his solo songs. She didn't know why, but ever since Pragya told her about the similarities between her and the superstar, she'd had this uncanny urge to not delve deeper. But right now, she thought that may be it was fate that made her eager enough to listen to "The Last" from the mixtape "Agust D". She vividly remembered how she couldn't finish the whole song the first time because tears made her vision blurry and the lyrics hazy, how her heart felt the agony of the voice that uttered the words, how she begged to the Gods above to give her the power to share her remaining peace with him.

She wanted to take away his pain. Instead, he took hers.

She didn't remember the exact date, but sometime during April 2021, she had a strange dream about him. She woke up feeling dizzy, worried about his well being. She'd shared her dream with Pragya and weird enough, Min Yoongi decided to share a selca on that very day, which relaxed her mind. The two friends joked about telepathy while listening to BTS' Telepathy.

Until it was not a joke anymore.

Because since then, every time she had thoughts or emotions concerning him, or if she was generally depressed or upset due to any problem or nightmares, she would be showered with his contents, posts, selcas or live appearances. She'd lost count of how many times this happened, so much so that it didn't even surprise her anymore. But her heart thirst for answers, mind soothed when she heard his voice, tears wetted her cheeks when she felt his music and lyrics.

The sudden ringing of the phone broke her rumination. The Prod.Suga version of Over The Horizon played, as "Soulmate" flashed on the screen. With a smile she picked up.

"Trayee, are you okay?" Was the first thing Pragya asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?" Trayee replied with a frown.

"Suga posted a selca on Weverse." The other commented like it was a well accepted reason. Trayee sighed.

"Was feeling a bit anxious, yes."

"Why?" Pragya asked in a worried tone.

"Nothing specific. I just need a break, I guess. It's been long since I've seen you and my heart's craving for some soulmate love."

After they finished university in September 2021, Pragya got a job as a Museum Guide in Visakha Museum, Vizag, India. They both initially hailed from West Bengal, so Pragya had to leave for her job. They hadn't met once after that, but talked over phone daily. Trayee had gotten a part-time job, while also continuing her preparations for job examinations.

"Aww, it's okay. I'm always here for you, sweety. I've made a long list of foods I'll cook for you once you come. Your flight is just in two days, I seriously can't wait anymore!" Pragya almost squealed. The infectious laughter of her soulmate made Trayee smile, as she looked out of her apartment window, witnessing the beautiful winter morning.

"Neither can I. We'll have so much fun! And I'll go to the sea. I love sea!"

"I know you do. I've gone there but experiencing it with you will be noteworthy."

And all the two soulmates could think about was how those two weeks would be the best time of the year.

Unbeknownst to them, their lives and hearts were going to go through such a whirlwind of incidents and sensations that it would change their fates forever.