"It's fine, just tell us your decision as soon as we arrive." He kissed my forehead and kneeled down.

"Margaux, all i can say is I'm sorry.." He started. My mouth gaped as i look at him in horror.

"A-are you giving up?.." i asked starting sob.

"No wait, shh. Let me finish, here hold Alexander's ring." He gave back Alex's ring before looking at me in the eye.

"So that's it? You're giving up?" I said in between cries.

"No, no wait." Heph hushed me down and placed another ring on my other hands. I bit my lip and looked at him.

"You asked for Draco's blessing too?" I asked.

Hephaestion nodded and placed both my hands together.

"Margaux, the reason why I'm saying sorry is because of what i did years ago." He said.

Years ago?

"Remember when i told you that you always focus on Alexander?"

"Yes? What about that? I'm still sorry for that, even though i really don't know why i would do that to you.." or the woman who you really fell inlove with.. urgh Margaux focus!

Hephaestion chuckled and kissed my hands. "There is a reason for that. And that is because i kept pushing you away. I have always been.. a huge disappointment.. atleast to you. And when you admitted to me that you liked me i pushed you even further away."

"I said i liked you before!? What do you mean push you away?"

"I kissed other girls in front you to push you away knowing that Alexander liked you as well. I have always been attentive to everything he wants and do everything in my power to give it to him even though it means setting aside what i truly felt. My mind back then was clouded with dangerous thoughts, a thought of death and crown, a new land my home will be proud of. A new piece of land we can call home and only through Alexander can i achieve that goal hence my life decisions." He said and kissed my hands again.

"Hold up wait. You kissed other girls in front of me?" I asked unbelievably, "Set that question aside, and I'm asking this with genuine curiousity, can't you be a leader on your own troop?"

"One cannot trust a man who's truly a mystery, a stranger. Can't trust a man with an unknown family background, a man who has jaded view to the world." He explained as i nod.

"And you're.. you're these things?" I asked.

Hephaestion nodded. "As i said my mind was clouded with various evil thoughts, a very unsuitable behavior and way of thinking for a leader. Alexander on the other hand has his mind straight. His decisions and thoughts are on point, yes he does think somehow and someway like i do but he knows how to hold his grudges and where to put them. He speaks we follow, he commands we follow, he plans we follow."

"Ahh, so look so highly of him that you were willing to sacrifice alot just to make him happy. What changed, why going against him now? With me?"

"Me and Alex fell for you at the same time and as much as i regret doing such actions displeasing you, i know i wouldn't have the motivation i have now in order to just fit your exact ideal man." He continued as if i didn't speak.

"I know i was rude, i was twice as terrible as anyone. As a matter of fact I'm more ruthless than him, i kill with no mercy and no care about titles, they were the least of my concern, an enemy is an enemy, campaign and land was on the top of my priorities. And that i am sorry of, for it took over my prescription in life, affecting the person i am mostly in love with."