01 No regrets

It was a sad day for the Itadori family as one of its a pair of adults, a man with glasses and striking pink hair visits his father alongside his wife, a dark-purple-haired woman with fierce hazel eyes, and their son a boy with hair as pink as his father's with bright shining hazel eyes which, at this moment was filled with tears. In front of the three was a doctor who was explaining to them the old man's condition.

"His prostate cancer has passed stage 4 nearly overnight. As he is now, he only has 2 weeks left to live so long as he does not exert himself or inhale smoke any further. There is a treatment option but realistically it has a low success rate... if you wish to continue with that option, I will meet you later. Please have your answer by then."

"We will doc... thank you..." says the man before bowing to the doctor.

After the doctor left, the couple look down to see their son outright bawl.

"Are you sure this was the right call to bring Yuji into this..." The father asks with a concerned look as he caresses his son's head to soothe the boy's pain.

With a rare, tender expression, the mother nods before kneeling down to meet her son at eye level. "Yuji, Look at me."

Looking up, Yuji is met not with the fiery eyes he knew his mother had, but a tender gaze that radiated compassion which she only rarely shows.

"Listen Yuji, people die. It is just the way it is... But... instead of letting it kick you down, you should instead let it push you into living your best life. You're a fighter like your momma, Yuji."

Placing a hand on her shoulder, Yuji's father chimes in. "The same can be said for your grandfather. Instead of crying about his death, we should cherish the time we do still have, and hey, if the treatment pulls through, we'll see him live for much longer. Now let's go in there and put on our brave face ok?"

The boy sniffles but wipes his tears away before nodding to his parents with a fire in his eyes.

As they enter the hospital room, they are met with the smell of alcohol and a mint green walled area with a medical bed in the middle top of the room. The room was the size of two-thirds a regular apartment room and on the cot was a frail old man in a surgical gown with spiky white hair and a nonplussed look while he lays down in a casual position.

"I'm surprised you both actually found the time to visit little ol' me before I kick the bucket." The old man grunts out before huffing in mild annoyance.

"Of course we would..." Yuji's mother mutters out, unable to voice her opinion out loud.

"Dad... I-" Yuji's father tries to say only to be cut off immediately by his own father.

"Zip it, the doctor's already told me about that risky chemotherapy crap. To hell with it. I'd rather know when I'd die than hold up hope for a largely untested miracle cure that has the possibility to render me the living dead..." The man grunts out from on his bed.

"But father," Yuji's father pleads out only to have a hand raised at his face.

"Jin Itadori, I am old enough to handle my own life responsibly and I say no."

Jin, Yuji's father, could only keep silent about this. He knows that his father's mind is something about.

Young Yuji then runs to his grandfather's side and tries to plead himself. "But gramps! What if it would work! Then you would live for much longer!"

The old man's expression softens somewhat in the presence of his grandson's tears but quickly harden one more.

"You two are truly despicable, using my grandson to push your ideas on me. But as much as it pains me, I will stay by my decision. No."