IX. It is my Soul that Calls Upon Thy Name

Night had fallen over the City of Progress.

Tomorrow morning would be the 200th anniversary of the city's founding - a holiday known as Progress Day.

The warehouse was abandoned, dark, and barren. Three Enforcers stepped into view, a pair of them carrying a chest and quickly rushing inside. The third carried a rifle and followed them in.

They entered the warehouse and took a look around. Pieces of machinery lied unattended, cobwebs were present in every corner, windows were smashed. It wasn't a place where something would happen... right?

"Drop it there," The lead Enforcer ordered, and the others laid the chest on the ground.

The leader set his helmet on a table and took a moment to relax.

A sudden noise startled the three Enforcers.

"Go check the door," The leader ordered, and one of the men went to do so.

The Enforcer went over to the door and shined a light on it. Painted on the door was graffiti of a pink monkey. Something the Enforcers knew all too well.

A gunshot sounded from the door. The two remaining Enforcers glanced around nervously, grabbing their rifles and moving towards the door.

Something rushed by the one in front. The two Enforcers heard a metallic whining noise coming from... somewhere.

The Enforcer in front glanced behind him to see an explosive attached to his back.

The lead Enforcer shut his eyes as the explosive detonated.

Laughter came from the darkness. "You guys really don't learn, do you?"

The lead Enforcer glanced behind him. A shape was moving across the walls.

"I mean... three of you? Even that idiot, Sevika, could take you."

"I'm not scared of you!" The Enforcer shouted.

"No, of course not. Because who would be scared of little ol' me?" More laughter.

The lead Enforcer felt a gun press against the back of his head.

"Gotcha."

BANG!

Jinx stepped away from the Enforcer's body. "Sheesh. That's not coming out of the floor anytime soon."

She walked over to the chest the Enforcers had left earlier, and flipped it open. A loud ticking came from inside as she realized it wasn't what she had come for. It was a bomb she had just triggered. And she had about 5 seconds to get the hell out of there.

Adjacent to the warehouse was a shipping yard. Jinx burst out of the glass window leading to the shipping yard just as the bomb went off. The force of the explosion threw her a few feet away, and, slowly, she forced herself to stand.

Looking up, she saw a figure on top of one of the shipping crates.