"Right here, Ashlyn."

A small hand came to grip his cheek, brushed just beneath his eye. Another thunderclap. She reached with her other hand.

"Pap pap?"

Dream pressed closer and kissed Ashlyn's cheek with silent appreciation, "we're both here, baby. Night night."

"Night night," she agreed loosening her grip on both of their cheeks. George pulled her hand into his own and pressed soft lips against it before tucking her beneath the blanket.

"I like the name she gave me," Dream whispered grinning with a gentle gaze on the two of them. It flickered from Ashlyn's soft puffed breaths to George's lingering stare. "I love being... I just love her... you"

George reached across the small sea of a three-year-old and caressed Dream's face. He was warm to the touch, well he was always warm. A comfort within crowds, within storms, within a simple breath. He exhaled.

"I know."

"You know," he said kissing George's palm gently. "She knows."

George knew what lingered with the unsaid word of tomorrow, he simply disregarded it for now.

"Go to sleep idiot," George smiled.

Dream scoffed happily, "a weird way of saying you love me, George."

"Sleep."

"I love you too"

"Goodnight, idiot."

"Goodnight, My love."

***

"Do not drop her!" George yelled after Dream's younger sister. She flashed him a smile and took his baby up to her room. "I mean that Drista!"

"Clay, calm down you're e-dater boyfriend!"

"We're married!" George chuckled with an aggressive wave.

"Same difference!"

"Bye, Dada!" Ashlyn waved vigorously over the other girl's shoulder before they disappeared up the stairs. He sighed then felt Dream poke his ribs shutting the door behind them.

"Where's my baby?"

George raised a brow, "my baby, you mean?"

He poked him again, "whatever, our baby. Did my sister take her?"

"The second I walked through the door."

With an award-winning smile, Dream pulled George by the hand towards the kitchen. The first time George visited The house Dream grew up in he'd stayed in the hallway and looked at all of the younger pictures. The ones from his T-ball and soccer phases where both cheeks were plump rather than proportionate. Then George looked and ached a bit at the want he once had, now he only tightened his grip. Dream slotted their fingers and smiled.

In the kitchen, they found his parents fussing over dinner and listening to music as a silence filler. A sweet woman with features kin to Dream's and a gruff man whose smile was another familiar trait.

"Ah!" Dream's mother yelped, running over to hug them both tightly. "Good, you're here! Oh, Nick isn't with you?"

George shook his head, "he's with Karl working on a project in California."