Easy

"What the hell did we do? Tell me we'll make it through

"What the hell did we do? Tell me we'll make it through."
Easy
Troye Sivan

⚠️Minor Panic attack⚠️
It's not graphic just thought I'd let you know before hand. Stay safe happy reading❤️

They stared at each other for what felt like years when in reality it had only been two days of this decision. George rested up against his headboard with a tiny box and Dream's easy smile. He debated execution for how annoying and beautiful the expression was. For what the look meant.

"And if I say no?"

Dream shrugged, "doesn't mean we can't try this out. The distance."

George flicked the box open for the millionth time and looked at the ring with pretty engravings. He shut it back with a click. It was merely a few ounces but it felt like tons within his tiny palm. Dream must've gotten it the second him and Jade broke up, because it was merely a week and a half later that Dream sat before him with it. Malleable beneath the afternoon light he looked effortless.

"What about Ashlyn?"

"What about her?"

A distinct frown, "what are we going to tell her? Who are you supposed to be to her?"

"I think she can decide that." Dream looked down at the sleeping child between them. Ashlyn's small hand curled into the pocket of Dream's sweatpants grounding her subconsciously while George rested on the other side of her back. It was Ashlyn's usual nap time, although George noted she'd stopped feeling tired as the years went on. He soon believed nap time would cease to exist. "If we're married I'm her... well legally I want to be her stepdad. She's young enough to not remember me not being here if that's what..."

"No, I..."George chewed the thought over and curved a palm in Ashlyn's hair. There were so many things George wanted to ask. How would they work this out? Was Dream really ready for that responsibility? What happens if this doesn't work out? So many questions and so many words but nothing rose to the surface. Only the feeling of being picked despite Ashlyn was the main thought of his consciousness. "And you're sure? That you want her... that you want me?"

"I'm sure."

"Isn't this too soon?" He tried, "You've barely reached your mid-twenties and I already have a child and I just don't want to take life away from you when..."

"My love," Dream rested a gentle palm on his left cheek. "I've known you since we were what teenagers? I love you, and I would hope dating would lead to this anyway. But if we do it now there's no more waiting."

"I don't want to tie you down," George admitted clearly.

"You aren't," he replied. "I promise. There isn't anything else I can say to convince you other than I'm sure. And I'll still be sure five years from now just like I was when we met. And when you kissed me the first time. And when you left."