Nobody

"Fuck it, I'll stay 'til I'm the last one left

"Fuck it, I'll stay 'til I'm the last one left."
Nobody
Martin Jensen, James Arthur

It was warm. A beautiful recreation of the sun wrapped within blankets and a duvet. The star itself hadn't made an appearance yet, still stuck beneath a crescent moon in the middle of the summer night. A comforting thunderstorm thundered over the Floridian soil and rocked the house's inhabiters in its lullaby. George subconsciously let out a noise and wondered why he was awake. When it rained he always slept like the dead, comforted by the calming drops on the roof. Incremented with the slow dripping notion.

Dream still slept soundly next to him. Eyes casting a beautiful shadow of long lashes while he breathed with rhythmic tandem. A heavy arm was thrown over George's midsection while the other rested beneath the pillow they'd shared, it kept the two secure within the queen-sized bed. Their bed. He tucked in closer to his lover and sighed into the skin of the other's neck. Dream pulled him closer within his sleep nudging his nose against George's forehead subconsciously. It was tender and perfect and protected... and then George heard Ashlyn cry out with the thunder. He blinked in hopes it was his imagination but nonetheless she cried out once more. While trying to pull away Dream grunted and tightened his grip.

"Dream," George whispered. "Ashlyn is crying."

"Sleep," he tried.

"She's probably scared of the weather." He groaned.

A gentle kiss landed on the tip of George's forehead when Dream said, "fine, I'll get her."

George wouldn't protest if he seemed so keen on rousing the petrified child. A stray hand felt the absence of Dream's warmth while he watched his retreating shoulders through lidded eyelids. Bare with only the cover of sweatpants George watched a great love leave to bring in a kin love back quietly. Ashlyn was blubbering about rain in Dream's arms and he smiled with a droopy expression and soft sleep creases.

"It's just rain, baby." Dream muttered letting Ashlyn crawl up the bed to George. "It's not going to hurt you."

George opened the blanket to help Ashlyn slip underneath. He swaddled her up with an arm and waited for Dream to come back to bed.

She sniffed, "promise?"

"Promise," Dream said. He laid down and completed the circle with another arm around Ashlyn. She sighed contently and reluctantly closed her eyes.

George pressed a kiss against her hair while breathing in the gentle smell of apple shampoo. It felt like home and love and... Dream looked at him from the other side of her head. It was the look George had yearned to keep. The one Jade stole from him with her perfectly shaped face.

Those green irises harbored comfort while sending off low tones of sweet enraptured love. George basked in it. In this warmth from his little family.

Ashlyn shifted at the thunk of thunder that shook the house a bit, "Dada?"