Part 15.

A Week Later
Date Night
(tw: assault)

Surprised that the weather still held on to its summery glow, L

Surprised that the weather still held on to its summery glow, L.A.'s newest couple appreciated the warm, blissful air on their skin. Perched right on the balcony of Silver Lake's neighborhood gem, Bacari, they immersed their tastebuds in crafted dishes that mimicked the Mediterranean cuisine; swiping her fresh slice of pita bread across the smooth, chickpea hummus, Giselle sighed in delight.

"You did amazing choosing this restaurant's for tonight's date." She complimented Carter, who currently occupied himself with the task of caressing her soft back.

"I thought it'd be dope for us to try something different — glad to know we can put this on our list to come back again."

"Who said you get another date with me?!" Giselle teased before whipping her head around in his direction.

Carter quickly kissed his teeth, "Says your man!" He boasted proudly as an accomplished smile fell upon his face.

"You just couldn't wait to rub it in my face, huh?"

"What? You rather us play things cool?"

"Not exactly, because of how obvious it is how much we want to be together; it just feels weird moving on, .. I don't know .." She whispered at the end.

"Weird how?" Carter replied quickly before fixing his posture. "I believe everyone is deserving of love, G. Don't hand yourself the short end of the stick because you don't think love is meant for you." He added in the sweetest tone of voice.

Giselle released a subtle scoff, "Love isn't meant for me, Carter." She mumbled before playing with the plastic straw that was nestled deep into her glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade. "Those who aren't good people aren't deserving of good things."

"Who said you weren't a good person?" Carter rebutted.

"Those who called me every terrible thing in the book since before I could even walk.."

A grimace of sadness and anger formed on Carter's face, since Giselle's truth was hard to hear — or even envision.

"Well," He started. "I see someone who once had the biggest heart of all that was unfortunately snatched away from them. I see someone who lights up every room they walk into because of the amount of grace and poise rooted within them. I see you for you, Giselle — flaws and all. I'm the last person to fix their lips to say you aren't a good person."

Holding back the tears that accumulated on the brim of her eyelids, Giselle immediately turned away to dab them with her cloth napkin before lightly pushing her hand into his chest. "You already know I'm an emotional wreck over here because of this mother nature visit, so thanks for making it worst." She teased.