Chapter 16: Twitches and Teamwork

When the brownies were ready, Mike and I took one each and took a bite. I smiled.

"Fuck man, these are so good." Mike nodded in agreement and we continued to eat in silence, overtaken by the thought of food. My mom busied into the kitchen, kissing my head and then Mike's. "I'm off to work, be good." She then took a brownie and left.

Mike widened his eyes. "Your Mom is going to be high as fuck, man." I snorted as the fuzzies in my head started to take over.

"Imagine that? She's gonna get the fuckin' munchies and start eating all the food!" Mike snorted and we both laughed, doubling over. We laughed like teenage girls, grabbing the plate of brownies and heading up to my room.

It was close to 11pm now and I was tired, having being relaxed by the weed. I laid on my bed, ready for sleep.

This was not the case for Mike.

He pounced on me and started to bounce, shaking the bed. I snorted and shoved him off. "Jack it in dicklips, my sisters are gonna think we're screwing or some shit."

He paused and looked at me, wiggling his eyebrows. We both broke into laughter, which ended in a pillow fight. I ended up lying on top of him on the bed, hiccuping as we came down from the brownie high. I shook with hiccups as I closed my eyes, resting my head on Mike's chest.

He patted my back comfortingly, as if I was a baby who needed to be burped. I wrapped my arms around his chest, nuzzling into him as he smiled and pulled the blankets around us, now rubbing my back. We fell asleep like that.

When I woke up in the morning, neither of us had moved. We had slept like rocks. I was still on top of Mike. He was still sleeping peacefully.

I looked over at the clock. 10am, but it was a Saturday. I nuzzled back into Mike happily, writing songs in my head.

After a while, he made a soft noise as he rubbed his eyes. "Good mornin' sunshine." I grinned, and he groaned.

"Noooo." I rubbed his head to try and help him wake up like I usually did, and he leaned into me.

When he was de-zombified, we went down to the kitchen. We had missed breakfast, obviously, so Mike and I used our teamwork skills to whip up an amazing late breakfast for us. This is why he is my best friend.

After we ate we went back upstairs to my room and sat with our instruments, ready to play the day away.

I stared to tune my guitar as my head twitched of its own accord, nearly hitting my shoulder. Mike frowned. "What the hell was that?"

I shrugged. "Spasm I guess." He nodded and we continued to tune our instruments, plugging them into the amps when we were done and having them as loud as possible.

This is how I want to spend the rest of my life.