He took the filled tube and held it out to her. 'You must drink.'

Her fists tightened at her sides. Her jaw strained as her eyes glared. Though he was fully healed of his injuries, Silo could still feel the sting of her punches, the throbbing pain of her kicks. He ignored a sudden urge to cup his balls. Her kicks had really hurt.

'Please,' he told her. 'I'm not going to hurt you.'

He took a step towards her and held the tube out. She continued to glare at him, as immoveable as a boulder. He took another step. Then another, his heart pounding so hard he felt it in his throat. Her reaction was sudden and desperate, but he was prepared for it. She dashed around the table with a scream. The tube of water flew in the air as she attacked him. He let her have a few choice punches before grabbing hold of her and spinning her around so she was backed up against him, helpless, as he wrapped his arms around her, trapping her own. Her heels dragged along the floor as he hauled her back towards the bed where he could sit down. He didn't want to restrain her but he wouldn't have her beat him again. After all he'd been through, she hadn't softened towards him in the slightest. She still mistrusted him as much as ever.

Forgetting that the mattress was gone, he sat down a little too hard on the metal frame. She was screaming ferociously now. He could actually hear the click of her teeth as she gnashed them together. Something wet fell upon his hands and he realised that her eyes were streaming. This was it, this was the end—he needed help. One arm still hooked firmly around her thrashing figure, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his I-Spy.

He pressed for Drake. It took several moments before his comrade finally answered. 'Drake, I need your help. I can't handle her.'

'On my way.'

She managed to slide out her arm, whacking away the I-Spy and sending it clattering to the floor.

'Be calm,' he said, grabbing hold of her again. 'Stop. Please.'

His arms were dripping with her tears. She was choking up. He could tell she was exhausting herself but she still wouldn't stop. Her screams were making him feel sick, tightening his stomach into a hard knot. Damn that Quinton. This wasn't right. Something was terribly wrong. He'd made a mistake.

Minutes later, the door opened and Drake stepped inside, his eyes wide as he took in the trashed room.

'Sorry!' Silo called over her screaming. 'I had no other choice.'

'I see that.' As he came over, the Rictorian only screamed louder. He stopped. 'What do you want me to do?'

Silo shook his head. 'I don't know.'

Drake looked around the room, then back at them both, his face screwed up as he tried to think amid the female's screaming. He pulled out his I-Spy, then turned and walked out of the room. Silo waited, pressing his head into his female's shoulder, hoping against hope he had a plan.

She seemed to be losing steam, her persistent, excruciating screaming reducing to frequent high-pitched screeches that made Silo's ears ache. She was panting. Less and less, she fought against him, preferring now to try and trick him into relaxing his grip. He wasn't fooled by her long stretches of limp quiet, tightening his arms as she suddenly thrashed.

It seemed to take forever before the door opened again, revealing three figures. Silo raised his eyebrows. It was Drake and Zibry accompanied by Zibry's redheaded female. Zibry looked annoyed. His female looked pale as her eyes darted around the room.

Zibry and Drake hung back as the woman came forward. Silo's female stopped screaming. Instead, she starting hissing and shouting as she jerked in his arms.