Chapter Fifteen - Lee

Chapter Fifteen

Lee

   Lee and I met at a wedding. Slightly cliché at times - but, hey, I don't care, I'm just a bit of a guy hop. We were, like, the only teens there (excluding the nerdy girl that hung out with two elderly people I guessed to be her grandparents). We were both drinking and getting a little tipsy. Deciding to abandon the wedding, we went off inside to the hotel. We went up to his room and, at first, just talked and laughed. We drank some of the champagne that was in the mini-fridge - not that I actually liked champagne, it was just that it was alcohol and I was bored. After a while, I said that I was uncomfortable in my dress and took it off. It was a pale pink strapless maxi dress with gorgeous, lilac floral embroidery on the central bottom area of the dress. There was a piece of the pink chiffon that went around my waist and tied in a bow before having the tails hanging down. I had paired it with a pair of mink, peep toe, slingback heels that had clear sequin detail on the outer material. I stood there in my lilac underwear set - a strapless bra and thong - and my shoes. He looked me up and down before taking off his tuxedo jacket and unbuttoning his white shirt. He then came over to me and dropped a light kiss on my lips. It was sweet and warm.

   We had a lot of these sweet and tender kisses; all innocent. They weren't like the drunken kisses I had had before; they were always fast paced, and desperate, there was no passion or spark in them, just lust. After these little kisses, we lay on his bed under the covers and just talked about stuff, some of it nonsense, as we were drank, and some of it slurred and barely understandable. It was nice, gentle, sweet. I liked Lee, even when he was drunk

   The next morning I woke up in his arms. I was awoken by my phone ringing. My mum's name flashed up on the screen as I answered it. I muttered a garbled "Hello, Mumsie. You rang?"

My mother sighed and said "You're drunk. Why are you drunk? You're under age."

"Stop talking, you're ruining the moment." I heard Lee mutter to me.

"Gotter' go, Mumsie." I said as I went to press the end call button. I heard a quiet 'Roxanne! Where are you?! Don't you da-' and then I hung up.

Lee kissed my neck and told me "You're great, you know that?" I nodded. He laughed before saying "Modest, too." Once again, I nodded like a four year old and beamed him a bright grin. He kissed my cheek and said "You also take your alcohol really badly."

"Only... umm... only champagne." I told him, enunciating the letters as I saw the word in my head so it sounded like 'sham-pag-knee' He laughed and got out of bed. He came back a minute later with some bottled water and handed it to me. I smiled and drank it willingly, my throat feeling a little dry.

   When I finally met my parents, I had an awful headache, Lee's number in my phone, a white hotel robe on, and a huge lecture about to be hurled in my face. I was shocked to see my parents simply packing their bags. "Pack your things." My mum said before turning to look at my father. He returned the look - indescribable and unreadable - to my mum. I dismissed it and went to the separate room to pack my bag.

   When we got home, my mother gave me a look of pure and utter digust. "How could you do this to us? How could you embarrass us like that? Running off with some boy that you've only just met - who has four years on you - getting drunk with him, spending the night in his room. How could you do it to us? We're both extremely disappointed in you, we thought you had more morals." My mum tutted once before throwing me dagger looks and then walking away. I went to say something but she simply put her hand in the air as a sign not to bother, before walking in to the kitchen. I felt my eyes water as I walked up the stairs and in to my room. I sat on my bed and let the tears fall down my cheeks. Never, ever had my parents told me that they were disappointed in me, they had always just, sort of, ignored me, never really taken a great interest. But, wow, this hurt, hit me right to the core. I fell asleep thinking about Lee cuddling me and keeping me safe the night before.