The Plan

Third Person POV:

"I want all of you cadets to stand by. Look sharp!" Some leader instructed everyone.

I like the advice, but they are all traumatized. (y/n) thought.

"I tell you. If we hadn't found the gas we'd have never gotten out of Trost." Connie tells the story.

"That sounds terrible. I'm so sorry," Christa looked down guilty, "We volunteered to run supplies out to everyone, but the situation was so bad."

"We even found some gas and were going to help you guys but.." Ymir added on.

"So, you're saying everyone who isn't here now didn't..."

"Yeah." Connie finished her sentence.

(y/n) puts their hand on Connie's back and tried to comfort him.

I think this is how you comfort people.

Ymir and Christa had shocked looks on their faces. "Wait. What about Mikasa?" Ymir questioned, surprised that one of the best might be dead.

"No, no she's good. I think she made it in after us with the group Jean led," Connie looked at (y/n), "you were with Jean's group right?"

They nodded their head, but before she could confirm that Mikasa made it safely, Ymir turned to Jean. "Hey, Jean! Mikasa got hurt or something?" We all looked at Jean who was with Annie, Berthold, and Reiner. They all had dead looks on their faces.

Jean didn't respond. Instead he drank a some of his water. "Hey talk to us!" (y/n) wanted to respond to her friends, but she knew she couldn't. Finally saving her from her own thoughts, Jean spoke up, "I'd tell you if I could. They slapped us with a gag order. I can't"

"A gag order?" Connie questioned.

"What the, that's nuts." Ymir commented.

"It's the truth." (y/n) backed up Jean just in case they didn't believe him.

"They're nuts if they think people aren't goin got talk. Word will get out and it's for everyone to know. Well, that is, if we survive."

"(y/n)," Christa called for them. Everyone's attention was turned to the short blonde. "How did you survive? Don't be mad at me, I'm more than happy that you survived, but Armin told us that you were dead. And now you're suddenly here."

"That's right! How did you survive (y/n)?" Connie asked.

(y/n) held on a bored expression on her face. She gave a side look to Annie who was already staring at her, giving them the look 'don't tell them'.

(y/n) looked back at Christa, "To be honest, I don't know myself. The details aren't clear to me, but I was running on the rooftops to get some help. And then I saw Connie, Armin, and Mikasa. Together we all made it back to HQ."

Everyone was listening intently to (y/n)'s explanation, but there were four certain people who didn't believe her. Nonetheless, they played along.

"It's a miracle you survived!" One cadet praised (y/n). They just nodded at them as others commented on their survival. "Of course (y/n) survived, they are one of the strongest ones we got." They felt discomfort and left to look for Sasha who ran off the moment people started questioning them about the mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marco," a cadet held onto his clothing while crying, "I'm... I'm done for. I can't fight the titans anymore!"