7

"...What?" Link spoke this time.

"Link. I'm selfish, i have a choice right now, kill you and survive, or run away and die. i choose myself, i want to live!" i took a step closer, and he drew a sword.

I thought about everything I've heard about him and my weapon lowered.

maybe I'm not just chosing myself over Link, but all of Hyrule?

My demon carver clattered to the ground, I didn't even mean to let go of it.

"Link I don't want to kill you...! I... what else can i do.?" I crouched down and held my head in my hands to cover for myself crying, like he couldn't hear it in my voice, "Link what should i do!?"

Link just looked at me, an unreadable expression on his face.

Link, very reluctantly, stepped closer to me, and kicked my weapon behind him.

then he bent down and put a hand on my back, that shook with sobs.

jeeze I'm pathetic.

he poked the back of my head causing me to look up, he smiled at me and stuck his arm to the side as if he were flexing.

"what..?" is he trying to tell me he's stronger than me?

he smiled and stuck his hand out for me to take.

"what are you doing? I'm still supposed to kill you!"

"but you don't want to." he spoke softly, and quietly.

"but i have to." I used my arm to wipe my tears. crying in front of this guy i just met, and I'm supposed to be all intimidating and scary. this is embarrassing.

he moved his outstretched arm, motioning for me to grab it.

i reluctantly grabbed his hand and he helped me up, but didn't let go of my hand.

he led me back to the domain, making sure to pick up my weapon and put it over his own on his back.

as we walked i just stared at the back of his head in utter confusion. if someone tried to kill me i would NOT help them if they were having a mental breakdown about it, I'd run off while they were distracted.

jeeze he really is a hero in every aspect.

I brought my attention down to my feet. I can't believe i actually wanted to kill him. no i didn't want to kill him, i just wanted to live.

once link led me back to the Zora's domain, we walked to a throne room and he let go of my hand just outside of it, and motioned for me to stay put.

he walked into the room, and the zora crowded him as the king and Sidon thanked him for appeasing the divine beast, and saving the Zora's domain- no, all of Hyrule from a great flood.

they gifted him with a spear and when they were done, all the Zora dissipated and Link basically dragged Sidon over to me.

Sidon looked at me in concern as i was now tear stained and wearing Yiga armour.

Link quickly signed something to Sidon, then pointed at me, and signed some more.

"woah Link slow down, repeat that?" Sidon slowed him, causing Link to repeat around half of what he told Sidon.

"Y/N, oh Link his name is Y/N by the way," Sidon turned to Link, and Link gave me a wave like this was our first meeting, then Sidon turned back to me, "Y/N, Link said to just leave the Yiga, and if you think they'll kill you then you'll be under the protection of the Zora." Sidon smiled.

Link looked at me and then signed something more at Sidon, then Sidon translated it, "He want to know why you joined the Yiga clan in the first place? to be honest i want to know too."

"Oh. uhm, it's a little personal.. basically i almost died and the only people who bothered to save me were the Yiga, or someone with a really high rank in the Yiga, and uhm he took me in but people higher up than him will kill me if I don't kill you, but I don't want to. and i also don't want thee yiga to kill any Zora. so i think I'll just go back to the hideout and hope i just get punished and not killed."

Link very aggressively shook his head and grabbed my shoulder, and very quickly signed at me, "He said just travel with him," Link did the fake flex thing again, "and you can both fight the whole Yiga clan." Sidon laughed.

"why do you trust me enough to travel with me. i just tried to kill you?"

"Well, you seemed pretty upset about having to kill me. and i have a feeling about you." Link spoke again, with an almost stupid looking grin.

he reminded me of a puppy.

(i literally cannot write this to make sense but Y/N does this 🔽🔽)

"WAA I'M SO GLAD YOU DON'T THINK I'M LIKE A BLOOD THIRSTY KILLER!" I wiped at my face with my arm,

"well i don't think blood thirsty killers cry this much" Sidon smiled, but looked a little concerned.

"Hey! I don't cry that much!" I lightly punched Sidons arm,

"I've known you for half an hour and you've been crying the whole time."

"Thats because i thought i was gonna die!"