Chapter 11: The Player is Different

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow at him, “You’re seriously eating popcorn in the morning?”

He grinned, “Well, not just me.” He pointed at Harris and I, “We’re all eating popcorn for breakfast.”

I shook my head.

Harris walked over to Dean and opened the top right cupboard where Dean was standing. “Your bowl?” Harris handed it to him.

“Thanks.”He smiled, placing it next to the machine and seeing the popcorn bouncing out and into the bowl. “What some?” He handled the bowl to me.

I turned away, “I’ll pass.” And walked to the couch and sat down.

Dean came over and sat next to me, eating his popcorn breakfast. “What’s wrong with you?” He asked.

I glared at him, “What’s wrong with me?” I pointed at him, “What’s wrong with you?!”

He sat there smiling, still eating his popcorn, “I’m sure I didn’t do anything wrong.”

I glanced at him, “You seem a bit more...” I paused to find the right word, “...happier.”

“Happier?” He grinned at me, “You told me to change and I’m trying to do that at the moment.”

I sighed. He doesn’t get what I mean when I said that to him. I just sat there staring at the flat, LED television screen. I was too tired to do anything today, and that includes talking as well.

Dean placed the bowl of popcorn and leaned over to me, “Then what do you what me to do?” He said, with a different tone.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him, “Something that makes you seem appropriate and right.”

He leaned closer, almost whispering, “Does it include this?” He glanced at my hair.

Great! He’s up to his player tricks again!  I sighed and pushed him out. “Quit it, will you?” I told him, “It seemed that you don’t respect anyone? Not even for one second!”

He paused with his eyes widened. The more I looked into his blue eyes, the more I see that he was in shocked of my words. I glanced over to Harris who was in the kitchen. He too, stood there looking at us. The feeling of tension rose to my fingertips, seeing the room different with no reason to explain. I casted a glance over the room again, and I just couldn’t handle this atmosphere anymore.

I walked over to the door and opened it.  “I need some fresh air.” I said and stormed out.

Walking out of the hotel, the doors slid opened and then automatically closed as I took the step to the outside world again. It was definitely different; the atmosphere out here. It felt calmer and there less tension around me. I feel much better, breathing this clear morning air.

I reached for my inner pocket of my jacket and pulled out my shades, placing them over my eyes. For some reason I feel much better when there was something covering my eyes, it was as though a part of me now.

I walked to the main streets. My hands were freezing trying to cover them from the morning mist; I placed them in my pockets. My hair was tied up and covered by a hat, so people wouldn’t recognise I’m a girl. I know that sounds weird but I hated how people just stare at me as though I’m not a human being or something. So I guess hiding myself, would be better.

The roads were busy and the streets were overcrowded with people walking here and there. I however, was walking the opposite direction to where everyone was walking. And I just seem to walk closer to the walls of the buildings.

Pulling my coat tighter to cover my neck, someone walked and hit into my shoulders. I turned to see who that person was, but I couldn’t find him or her. Everyone was just walking in the crowd, minding their own business.

I sighed, taking a step closer to the corner of the streets, and that was when I saw her. The girl who I remembered on my laptop screen last night. The person I was supposed to follow into the party tonight. I was about to take another step closer to that very girl, but I was stopped.

“There you are.” A voice said behind me.

I turned to see two guys looking at me. They looked very familiar, maybe I saw them during the streets or something, but as I looked closer I recognised them. They were the people who belonged to Firer; the group who kidnapped Dean and me the other day.

I smiled at them, reaching for my gun in my pockets. But I was a little late.

“Come with us.” They said, pointing their guns down at my waist. “Or we’ll have to hurt you.”

***

Hope you find this chapter a little more interesting. What will happen to Taylor? Found out in the next chapter! (I kind of sound like one of those television series voices... LOL!) Anyhow, if you like this chapter remember to support it by voting and let me know what you think!