6: Moments

Rakshit:- ab gussa chod bhi do Mrs. Shergill aur ye kha lo.

Lifting the spoon of her favourite cereal to her mouth, I tried feeding her but she was not eating anything.

Drishti:- mein nahi khane vali!

Rakshit:- ismein itna gussa hone vali kya bat hai. Meine kaha aj nahi kal chalte hain, man jao na. Ab ye lo, kha lo

She pushed the spoon aside and stood from her seat in anger. If Drishti didn't get what she want, she would do everything she could- that just included her ignoring the person who wasn't listening to her. That was what her brothers warned me about and I saw it being true now.

Rakshit:- Drishti please na. Kal pakka

Drishti:- nahi. Ya to aj myjhe leke jao apne sath ya phir mujhe mere papa ke ghar chodke ao.

Rakshit:- ab ye kya bat hui? Jab meine kaha hai ki kal pakka to ladai kis bat ki hai?

Drishti:- tum bs meri do options mein se ek pick karo.

Turning her face to a side she leaned against the table while keeping her hands on it. I sighed. Admitting my defeat I went to her and lifted the spoon once again to her mouth.

Rakshit:- acha baba theek hai. Aj hi chalte hain. Khush?

A victorious smile adorned her face. Opening her mouth a little she allowed me to put the spoon in her mouth. Making a few faces at the highly soggy cereal she held my hand after a few bites.

Drishti:- ew! Ye zarurat se zyada soggy hai Rakshit.

Rakshit:- to ab itni der tak aise natak karogi to aur kya hoga iska?

Drishti:- mein ye nahi khane vali. Ye to ghul hi gaya hai dudh mein.

She turned face away once again to show her anger and I was left with the only option to change it for her.

Rakshit:- ok fine. Dusre bowl mein lata hun.

Drishti:- iska kya karoge?

Rakshit:- ab tum nahi kha rahi to phekna parega na.

She thought for a few seconds before taking the bowl from my hands and eating the cereal unwilling.

Drishti:- kya? Ye waste ho jata. Ann ka anadar nahi krna chahea. Bad manners

Smiling at her thought I took the bowl back from hands and lifted the spoon to eat the cereal. There was no way I was letting her eat what she did not want to. If she didn't want to waste it either then fine, I'll eat it for her.

She kept looking at me innocently as I finished the entire bowl and placed it on the shelf. My hands rested on the slab behind her near her waist. Kissing her forehead, I smiled at her and told her that she won't have any problem if her food I will take care of it.

Tilting her head to a side she caught the rim of her dupatta and brought it to my face. The distance between us decreased as she tapped her dupatta gently on my mustache and cleaned the milk that might have been there.

Drishti:- mera khana?

She blinked her eyes at me and sat on the shelf slab while I went to put her cereal and milk in a bowl. In the meantime she was busy watching something in her phone so I thought if I should feed her again.

I mean-

I could, right?

As I lifted the spoon to her lips she took it in her mouth and pulled the contents in. The moment was perfect for me. It seemed like now I had someone to love and care for. It wasn't just me. It was a beautiful person who would be there with me for the rest of my life.

Drishti:- dekho na Rakshit, papa keh rahe hain mujhe ek mahine mein kam sikhna hoga. Ab ye to galat hai na?

She pouted sadly before keeping her phone aside and drinking the milk from the bowl. I took out my hankey from the pocket and used it to wipe her mouth clean.

Drishti:- galat hai na?

Her dad had actually told her that if she didn't learn office work in a month she would not be allowed to inherit her part of the company that her brothers handled her for now.

Her brothers too told her that she had to take her share of the company since they all were equal and she too had studied hard for it.

So she requested me to let her stay with me and teach her how to work efficiently from today. Because one month seemed to be too less for such a big task.

I had a meeting today so I wasn't sure if I should bring her with me. She would be alone most of the time and trust me she didn't like the idea of being alone.

Drishti:- chalein?

Getting off the counter she adjusted her dress and put her arm in mine, pulling me towards the door.

Drishti:- tum dekhna. Ab Drishti Shergill kaise ek mahine mein kam tamam karegi!

My eyes widened in horror because she could literally end the work and her statement had two meanings.

Drishti:- mera matlab hai acha wala. Tum itni jldi tension kyu lete ho.

Rakshit:- tumhari tension na kun to kiski lun?

Drishti:- han bat to sahi hai.

She stopped walking at the moment and looked at me in a hurtful way. Seeing that look on her face that was never supposed to come, my body started tensing and I caught her face in fear.

Rakshit:- Drishti kya hua? Tum theek ho? Aise achanak se kuu ruk gai aur ye chup kyu ho? Aur aise kyu dekh rahi ho?

Drishti:- mein tumse kuch puchna bhul gai.

Rakshit:- kya?

Drishti:- tum pehle kisi ko pasand krte the.

I stared at her blankly for a few seconds before a laugh escaped my lips. I had to hold it back because she looked annoyed when I did it. She had asked the question so seriously and here I was, laughing like it was some joke.

Drishti:- tum mujhpe has rahe ho?

Rakshit:- nahi vo. Tumne bat hi aisi ki hai.

She pushed me back and started going inside the house again so I had to hold her back by her waist and say multiple sorries so that she would forgive me.

Rakshit:- meri bat suno mein to aise hi has raha tha. Mein to pagal hun mujhpe itna gussa kyu waste kar rahi ho. Meri life mein koi nahi thi to chinta mat karo.

Drishti:- to ye bat bina hase bhi to bol skte the na.

I whispered a sory in her ears and left her waist. She forgave me and started talking about her future plans for her company as we walked towards the lift.

There was only one girl in my life and that girl was now my wife. It's only you Drishti, only you.

It was you, it is you and it will always be you.