Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns

Comincia dall'inizio

"Don't lie!" Aunt Petunia looked even angrier now. "I've seen that wound you had the morning before you got ill... now tell me, what was it?"

I was abou to come up with another lie, when the doorbell rang. I turned around immediately and opened the door. I was met with a bone-crushing hug before I knew who was there.

"Lucy, how dare you!" Vanessa shouted. "I've been worried sick about you! What happened?"

"Vanessa, I'm fine, really!" I hugged her back, but tried to get her off after half a minute. Aunt Petunia couldn't know she was a friend.

"How are you? Your aunt said you were very ill and I couldn't come see you!"

"Well, I was. But I'm fine now and I'll be back in school tomorrow."

After a few minutes of answering questions, I finally managed to make her leave and I went back to Aunt Petunia.

"You are friends," she concluded. I looked her in the eyes. "Yes, we are. What are you going to do about it? And why would you care anyway? She's a Muggle, I won't be seeing her after this year anyway..."

Aunt Petunia stared at me for some time, then sighed. "I won't tell Vernon about any of this if you won't."

With that, she turned away and walked out, to the living room. "And do your chores!"

Confused as to why Aunt Petunia would let it lie I was, I felt a huge weight fall off my shoulders.

*~*

Remus' POV:

I'd stayed in touch with Professor McGonnagall over the past few weeks because of Lucy. She'd asked me to go by before the next full moon and talk to her and the Dursleys.

I shuddered at the very idea of seeing Petunia again. The last time I'd seen her was a very long time ago and I was very glad it was. She'd hated me from the moment she saw me, when Lily had invited us (me, Sirius, Peter and James) to come over to her parents' home.

She hadn't told us her sister was there too, so it really was a surprise to all of us. I'd heard of the tensions between Lily and Petunia before, when Lily and I had become friends and I knew exactly how she thought of us from the very first second she saw me.

But I had to go, for Lucy's sake. She had no idea whatsoever about what was to come. Even if that meant I had to face Petunia again. I owed this to both Lily and James. To Harry and to Lucy herself of course.

So one afternoon when I suddenly felt really brave, I decided it was time. It was also the first day I had to take my potion and so did Lucy.

I wrote to Minerva, telling her I'd go today and asking for her potion, so I could give her the potion while I was there.

And so, not long after, Minerva's response, plus the potion came by owl and I set off to Privet Drive. Harry and Lucy's home.

I was very nervous. How would they react to seeing me? Would Petunia kick me out before I could talk to Lucy? What would Lucy think of me?

Before I could even ring the bell, the door was opened and my eyes went wide. The girl who had opened the door was a VERY accurate copy of Lily when she was younger, except her body shape and messy hair.

"Oh hi... can I help you?" She looked at me and smiled kindly. Lily's smile. Lily's eyes. Lily's freckles, Lily's significant ginger hair colour. But she was scrawny like James and her hair was just as messy as her dad's had been.