✧˚ · . 𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨

FALLEN STARSVOLUME ii

FALLEN STARS
VOLUME ii
. ‧₊˚ My lover, the Moon . ‧₊˚

IT'S BEEN SIX MONTHS since Zafira Kai lost her father. Six months since her world had been lit aflame. Six months since she was left to succumb to the burn.

Most days, she can't keep the smoke from choking her. And when she can, Zafira can barely waft the nostalgic memories of her father. How can she move forward if the past won't let her see?

Through all this, only one thing has remained consistent: Nick. Whether it's late night drives to their gas station or midnight conversations through a screen, the one thing that hasn't changed is him.

With a blanket of stars above them and the moon's spotlight, days spent hot and yearning transform. Coolness floods through the air, a gush of wind keeping the fire in Zafira's gut afloat. The raging storm of red stills, a drizzle of water making sure all bad thoughts are at bay.

Nick is the rain to Zafira's fire, the winter to her scorching summer. He's the break in the heat stroke, the first sighting of shade after days of wafting through star fire.

He's everything you could ever ask for: kind, funny, loving and incredibly handsome. Nick loves with intent. He carries the universe in his palm with the sole purpose of giving it to Zafira, one caress at a time. Nick is everything she could ever ask for — and he cares, impossibly so. He's ready to give it all just for her.

Now, all Zafira has to do is let him in.

"My Zafira, one day, you're going to meet
someone who loves you the way the Moon loved the
Earth. Hold on to it — such love is rare."
— Jalal Kai

. ‧₊˚ ‧₊˚