Duct Tape is the Answer to Everything

En başından başla

"I know you're scared, Soph" I suddenly say, Sophia doesn't respond and I grab her hand.

"We're all here to protect you and Carl's babies. I'm gonna protect my niece and nephew like there's no tomorrow" I say, tears run down her cheeks and she hugs me.

"I'm so happy I have friends like you and Duane" she says, wiping her eyes as she sets Theodore in his baby crib, I smile at her.

"We gotta stick together. In the end, it's only gonna be us" I say, she nods and takes Ariel from me.

"I look so bad" I say, when I get a glance of myself in a mirror from one of the kid's toys.

"No, you're not!" Sophia says, I shake my head.

"Do you need glasses?" I ask, she rolls her eyes.

"You're so beautiful. Duane would agree with me if he was here" she says, I blush.

No. He wouldn't..... Would he?

"I have an idea!" Sophia says, I give her a look, not sure if I should be scared or excited. Sophia doesn't tell me her plans, instead we start setting up our beds for the night.

"Why are you staying over tonight anyway?" she asks, I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"If you could feel the sexual tension between Dad and Amethyst, you'd let me move here" I say, making her fall back laughing but my look of disgust stays on my face.

______________

3rd Person POV

Amethyst groans, falling back on the bed as she starts pulling off her weapons, her mask long forgotten on the floor in the living room. Her breathing ragged as she struggles to take off her belt, Daryl helps her.

"Will you stop movin' round so much" Daryl says, she stops squirming and just lays there, her face red, Daryl gets her belt off and she takes off her jeans with a frustrated grunt, Daryl grins at the frustrated look on her face.

"It hurts" Amethyst grumbles, the bandage on her leg unwrapping.

"Well, you shoulda thought 'bout that before you left the gates" he says back as she fixes the bandage, not as frustrated now that the pain on her wound calmed down.

"Sorry" Amethyst says, looking up at Daryl, frowning.

"What wrong?" she asks the frowning Dixon but he doesn't answer. Amethyst becomes slightly self-conscious when he only stares at the bandage on her leg.

"It will leave scar" she says, thinking he's staring at her leg because of that. Wishing she had her mask right now.

"So?" he asks, sitting next to her on the bed, Amethyst stares straight at the wall, Daryl bumps his shoulder into hers and she smiles.

"Everyone's got scars now" he says, Amethyst looks at him.