With that he turned, nodding to someone in the distance.

One by one, we watched on in silence as small ships were freed into the ocean. Bobbing along in the calm waters. Each one holding one of the many lives that had been lost on the field of Vigrid.

Slowly, Loki's ship floated down the long river that flowed from the palace to meet with the sea. His golden armour glimmering below the lanterns that twinkled along the high walls. His horned helmet placed proudly upon his head.

People bowed, mumbling prayers and paying their respects to the Prince that lost his life all too soon as he passed bye them.

As the ship grew closer I felt everyone huddling around me. The group had made their way forwards to stand behind us for support. Thor's grip tightening on my hand as he felt my body beginning to tremble involuntarily.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned momentarily to see Bucky, who smiled weakly at me. His eyes filled with a sorrow. I doubted very much it was for the loss of Loki, but rather the pain I was in. I turned back away from him, leaning into his touch slightly.

But no longer could I hold back the tears as Loki passed bye us.

I couldn't pretend to be strong anymore.

His ship was ladened with treasures for the after life. Foods, alcohols, books, I knew my letter was safe by his side and the dagger he had gifted me for my birthday secured in its sheath. In his hands his sceptre. Odin must have returned it to him.

Even in death he looked regal.

"Goodbye Brother." Thor bowed his head to his casket. "Until we meet again on the battlefield." His voice trembled slightly as he spoke.

I felt my knees beginning to go weak. Grabbing tighter onto Thor's hand in an attempt to keep myself upright.

"I've got you Little One." He reassured, moving his arm to wrap it around my waist, supporting my weight.

We watched on in silence as his ship moved out across the vast ocean. His casket the largest out of them all. Yet it still seemed so small in comparison to the large stretch of water.

Odin nodded his head to the head archer.

He lit his arrow from the flames of the lantern, taking his aim, he pulled back, pausing momentarily before releasing it. A small whir sounded as it flew effortlessly through the air.

Then Loki's ship caught flames.

My cries rang out through the silent night as it was engulfed by them.

And I buckled to the ground.

He was really gone.

Never to return.

Frigga raced to my side kneeling beside me to comfort me as tears slipped from her eyes as she embraced me. "I know Dear. I know it hurts."

I sobbed into her shoulder. "He's really gone Frigga. He's really gone..."

No one could provide me with any kind of comfort that would help. No one but him.