You Love it. Remember...

Frigga had not taken the decision lightly, but she couldn't watch Loki deteriorate any longer. He needed to rest, but his mind was more preoccupied on Y/N than himself right now.

She had placed him into a dreamless state of sleep in order to let his body recuperate from whatever it had been that had attacked them. Although Y/N had healed him, he was so close to death even her powers were limited.

It tormented Frigga that her Son had been attacked so brutally in Asgard right under their noses, in her head, she knew it had to be a Völva. It's the only thing that had possessed the kind of dark magic she felt when she had touched Y/N's body.

For the last few hours her body had lay lifeless in the bed that Loki had demanded she be placed in. He wouldn't allow anyone to touch her. But he knew he had to let Thor carry her to the room as his body was still weak, and one thing he hated was showing any form of weakness in front of Odin. But this time, his pride was the last thing on his mind.

Frigga had stayed vigilant, dipping between both their rooms to check on Loki's progress and checking for an ever absent presence of a heartbeat in Y/N's body.

As she lifted her fingers from her neck checking for a pulse for about the millionth time in the past few hours she sighed, sinking into the seat beside her bed. Rubbing her temples trying to ease the headache that was now becoming more than a dull ache, outside she suddenly heard the chatter from the ladies confirming Odin and Thor had returned. She felt their presence in the room and lifted her gaze, Odin nodded his head, confirming her suspicions.

This concerned her greatly, as she furrowed her brows to Odin. The chances of Eir's potion working now, were next to impossible against that kind of magic.

"It's up to her now." Frigga stated to them as she lifted herself from the chair, "Excuse me." Abruptly she pushed past Thor and Odin, hurrying from the room feeling her emotions flood her body.

"I will go check on her," Thor nodded to his Father, before perusing her.

Odin carefully made his way to sit in the seat Frigga had occupied, sighing he took his time to study Y/N.

She was very beautiful, he could see why she would have caught his Son's eye. Not to mention the fire that resided within her, he would like that, someone who challenged him. Keeping him on his toes.

Now all that could be gone, was this his fault? If he had told Loki sooner, then they wouldn't have needed to have the heated conversation they did they night before, he may not have felt the need to leave the safety of the palace then.

"Perhaps if I had been truthful with Loki from the start, if I had seen the wrong doing in my ways, we could have avoided this heartbreak Y/N." Odin rested his head back against the large back of the chair, closing his eye. "I can't thank you enough, for your devotion to my Son. In a time of need, he has found a light within the darkness I have caused for him. It seems you really would risk anything for him, even your very life. You are a very brave woman indeed. But you don't need me to tell you that. Do you?"

He was almost hoping she would respond, but the silence loomed around him, as he sat on the chair for about an hour he listened to the whispers outside, the footsteps of the ladies as they came and went again.

"I don't think it is bravery....I think it is fear." I croaked weakly, my throat like sandpaper it was so dry, I felt the very words rip against it as they left my mouth.

Odin shot up in his seat, startled, staring in disbelief, "Y/N?"

I smiled weakly, "Didn't think you would get rid of me that easily now Odin did you..." I began to cough as the dryness of my throat got the better of me.