Oohhh That's Good...

I immersed my body slowly down into the warm water, sighing in relief at the feeling of it encompassing my body. I instantly felt so much better seeing clean water after so long. I notice I was accompanied in the bath by a few rose petals floating around, along with some sprigs of lavender.

Loki explained he had placed some 'ingredients' into the bath water to help relax me. Or so he said, I imagined it was to distract me from the fact there was a spell of some sorts cast over it. But right now, that was the least of my worries.

I lay back allowing my body to acclimatise to the heat, the steam enveloping my senses. I felt a peacefulness wash over my body as I inhaled. I felt safe here, closing my eyes I rested my head back against the edge of the bath.

I was almost asleep when I heard a knock about a half hour later. So much for not being disturbed.

"My Love?"

"Hmmm...?"

"I brought you some tea." He informed me before opening the door, I heard a chuckle escape his lips.

"What are you laughing at?" I reluctantly peeled one eye open to glare at him.

"Seems the bath is doing the trick." He chuckled as he walked over placing the cup of tea beside me.

I laughed gently, "Seems it is. Although it could be that or maybe the magic you placed over it? After all I've been in here quite some time, yet the temperature hasn't dropped at all. How bizarre."

"Mmm, how bizarre indeed." He smiled, looking impressed with himself. "Well I shall leave you to it. Shout on me if you need anything. I left you shampoo, conditioner and some body wash." With that he began to leave the room.

"Actually...Loki?"

He turned to look at me, I felt so embarrassed asking him this.

I turned in the bath folding my arms over the edge of the bath, "Do you...I mean. I could use...." I was tripping over my words, "Oh for heavens sakes, can you get me a razor I need to shave my legs." I shook my head at my own silliness.

"Consider it done Darling." He smiled gently at me, nodding his head to the shelf beside me.

"Thanks. Sorry. It's..."

"No need to explain my Love, enjoy your bath and your tea."

I heard the door lightly click, as he left closing it behind him. I reached for the mug, bringing it to my lips as I took a sip I smiled.

"Oohhh that's good."

I forgot how good something as simple as tea could taste after being deprived of it. I made my way across the large bath and leant my arms over the edge, holding the cup in front of me as I looked out the large window.

Asgard really was so beautiful, I began to wonder how different my life might have been if my real Mother had been able to return to Asgard to raise me.

Hmmm, suppose I will never know.

Eventually after washing my hair three times and conditioning it, I pruned and preened myself until I was happy and felt much more like myself again. Stepping out I lifted one of the large towels wrapping my hair in it, before lifting one for my body.

I bit my lip nervously as I made my way over to the mirror. I hadn't looked at my back, after the beatings and lashings it had taken there was bound to be scars. As I twisted my head around to look I gasped, apart from one pale pink line along part of my back there was nothing there. No marks. I wrapped the towel around myself and opened the door.