Evening

They had searched all over, but no matter how much they searched they just could not find Katharine. Henry didn't know what to do. Laying in bed at 1:58 AM, all he thought about was where the Black-Eyed Teen could have taken her. Had to be somewhere in Actaea or at least somewhere in the general area? What if he had taken her to the Chateau de Leon or to the Dynamite Area? There had to be an answer, there just had to be. What if she no longer... No, no, that was not something to think. He couldn't he wouldn't, she just had to be!

Sitting up, Henry turned on his nightstand light and picked up his clock. Hours passed and despite it being the hottest summer on record, Carchemish was not thawed from his icy prison, though the air conditioning may have slowly the thawing and now that it was night, when it was a little bit cooler, it seemed likely that Carchemish would not be free from the ice for a few days, but what if his imprisonment lasted longer or not quite as long?

Where was Katharine and when would Carchemish's icy prison break?

Alas, Henry new not. All that he knew was that life was strange. Wyverns, extraterrestrials, men in black, black-eyed children and teens, shadows moving independently of their bodies, prehistoric reptiles, real life Jekyll and Hydes, a living frozen corpse, where was the normalcy? Had there ever been normalcy?

Hearing something his hit bedroom window, Henry got out of his bed and opened the curtains and blinds. Looking down he saw absolutely nothing. What had he been expecting to see? Katharine having escaped and tossed a pinecone at his window? If only...

What were they just to do? Leave it to the police? That was what Deputy Police Chief Ned Malka had said, but Henry had his doubts. What could be done? Ward would freeze the entire police force with that gun of his! What could the police do? Where would they even start by looking?

Where indeed?

Again, Henry's thoughts were interrupted. Ku and Miao had arrived down below. While Miao waved at him, her brother just looked confused, not knowing how he could have been expecting them. Henry would have to explain.

The moment Ku began to try and climb the tree that was outside of his window, Henry brought a hand to his face while Miao stared at her brother with eyes glazed over. There were no lower limbs to help in the climbing, Ku would never make it.

Holding up a hand to tell Ku to stop, Henry then opened his window and asked in a half-whisper: "Going to look for Katharine?"

Nodding, Miao answered: "Yeah, you coming with us?"

"Give me a moment!" Henry replied. "I'm not keen on walking outside in my pajamas!" Thus did Henry don a red aloha shirt with a white floral pattern, a red pair of pants, white shoes and a red flat cap. They would find Katharine and they would rescue her even if they had to search all over Actaea all night, even if they had to cross the Ruby Aqueduct, that inaccurately named suspension bridge, and go into the next town over in Manitoba, they would find and rescue Katharine and with any luck, this would be the end of the strangeness for a while. No aliens, no undead wyverns, no Men in Black, no liches, nothing strange.

At least, that was what Henry was hoping, but most of all he just wanted to rescue Katharine... He was so worried about her.