You make my dream

Authors Pov

"It's been 5 years since Yibo left Beijing, and moved to Datong'' 

He lives in a spacious 2-bedroom apartment, he uses one as his bedroom and the other one as his studio. His sitting room is well-furnished, neat, and very comfortable.

"He teaches music and dance at Datong high school. The students were excited about their new music and choreography.

He does the same thing every day, goes to teach music, dance, and back home. He didn't make friends with anyone. But he wasn't rude either, just easygoing on his own.

Mrs. Kim Tan lives a few houses away from Yibo, after 5 years she got to like him and treat him like her own grandson. She will cook occasionally and bring for him, or force him to come to her place and eat.

It didn't make Yibo miss his family much.

Yibo's pov

It's been 5 years since I moved to Datong. The place is quiet and has lovely weather.

"As much as I miss my family and studio" this place is quite comfortable too, I furnished it to my taste.

My brother calls me every evening, he has never missed one day in the past 4 years he visits me occasionally with mum.

I have a neighbor, Mrs. Kim she cooks for me all the time, she'll say. "You should eat more Yibo, you look skinny."  She's been very good to me. I visit her occasionally, and help her clean. She has a daughter who is late but has a grandson who lives with his dad." 

You should meet my grandson someday, you two will make great friends. But sadly every time he comes to visit I am either out dancing or Haikuan ge is around!

I will meet him someday, grandma.

I know you will. She ruffled my hair and laughed.

"I teach music and dance at Datong high school, my life is good here and simple.

I miss him every day, I never stopped thinking about him, I cry myself to sleep sometimes. But I find solace in him being alive.

At the end of the year, there are always awards given to the best teacher. And this year they all begged me to perform.

I'll think about it sir "I told, my boss"

When I was on my way home I decided to go to the market and buy a few things for grandma. She doesn't like it but I didn't stop anyway.

As usual, she's either making concoctions or experimenting with new herbs or upgrading the ones she has.

"Ahhh come in,'' she said when she saw me at the door.

Stop buying things for me Yibo. She hissed.

It's the least I can do grandma.

I'm not cooking for you because I want anything in return.

It's nothing grandma. I dropped my bag and arranged some of the things I got in the fridge and some in the kitchen cabinet. I also helped her arrange her bottles of medications from time to time.

Your students are excited about you performing for them but why don't you want to? She asked sternly.

Nothing Grandma, I just don't feel like it. 

Oh, dear, you're still thinking about your lover. I understand how hard it is but he'll be very happy to know that you're happy, she said.

Hmmmmm. I will think about it, grandma.