6 - Livin' In The Moment

Lucie Blanc

Gentle wind whispered around, trees swayed in a rhythm as Lucie walked down the peaceful street filled with chatters and footsteps of by-passers. She clutched onto her bag as she came to a stop infront of a small library, painted in and out in a shade of light brown. Lucie walked inside the library, immediately mesmerized by the vintage surroundings and atmosphere.

She walked around, looking for a book. Lucie's eyes widened slightly as she walked into a corner. Kai sat there, wearing black jeans with a comfortable black sweater. His raven hair sat on his head messily as his blue eyes read the book laying preciously in his hands with full concentration.

It had been a week since Lucie last saw Kai. He just disappeared... again. Before Lucie could walk away or anything, Kai looked up causing there eyes to meet. A blush erupted on her cheeks as she hesitantly walked towards him before sitting next to him on the wood polished floor. "Hey" Lucie let out as she hugged her knees to her chest.

"sup" Kai said as he closed the book putting it on the floor. The last place Lucie expected to meet Kai was at the library but there he was, dressed in comfortable attire. There shoulders brushed together as they sat in silence, not looking away from the book shelf infront of them. " We kissed" Kai said.

"Yes" Lucie replied, blushing. "Did you like it?" He asked, finally looking at her. "Yes"

They both stared into each other eyes as Lucie slowly leaned forward."The problem is.." he whispered as he leaned in "If I kiss you, I don't think I'll be able to stop"

"Then don't" She whispered. And then Lucie did the simplest thing ever. She leaned over and kissed him. And the world cracked open.

Kai's hands wrapped securely around Lucie's waist as he pulled her closer to him not breaking the kiss. They both pulled away as Lucie rested her forehead against his. They both breathed heavily as they stared into each other's eyes. "I'm sorry" Kai let out. His voice was low, almost silent. "It's okay"

~

It was almost dinner time, Lucie quitely tip toed to her room since on week days her house curfew was six and it was almost eight. "Lucie Blanc" Her mom said causing Lucie to flinch. Her mom stood in the hallway with her arms crossed. "H-Hi mom..?" Lucie asked, a bead of sweat sliding down her forehead.

"Aren't you supposed to be studying right now?" Her mom asked, shaking her head at her daughter's cloths. "And what are you wearing honey. What if someone tries to do something to you? Don't be so foolish and change into something more baggy." Her mom scolded. "Sorry mom. I'll go study" Lucie said chewing her lips.

"Stop!" Her mom said loudly causing Lucie to flinch again. "Why do you smell of men's perfume?"

Oh fuck.

"Um.. I...I couldn't find a women's perfume strong enough s-so I bought a men's perfume!" Lucie let out and her mom raised her brow. "Is that true?" Her mom asked staring at Lucie as she laughed nervously. "Y-Yeah"
"then why are you so nervous?" Her mom asked taking a step forward. "Are you seeing someone?"
"N....NO!" Lucie let out nervously.
"I'm n-not mom"
"go to your room and study"
"Yes mom."

☁︎

Lucie layed on her bed, relieved that her mom didn't suspect anything. She grabbed a book from her bedside table as she opened the page she last left on and started reading it.

She snapped her head towards the window as she heard a knock and she immediately knew who it was. "Come in" Lucie said, biting her lips in order to stop herself from smiling. Lucie's eyes met with the tired ones of Kai. He had dark circles under his eyes and looked like he could pass out from sleep any moment. He wore a black vest hugging his torso with his usual black leather jacket ontop.