Chapter 10

TW!: SLIGHT GORE NEAR THE END

Y/N's POV

"The city of Pompeii was known to the Romans as a peaceful, prosperous health resort. It was then abruptly destroyed by the lapilli and lava that came from the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius-"

"On August 24th, 79 AD, right?" I butted into Fugo's little history lesson as I leaned forward a bit, "Later, archaeologists discovered how much shit was left behind and preserved like they were when the volcano erupted years ago." I finished my statement, earning a small smile and nod from Fugo.

"Are you a fucking nerd as well?" Abbacchio huffed out as he rolled his eyes at our small bonding. I gave a small shrug at his question.

"Well, I'm certainly no expert like our dear Fugo. I mainly remember because we were taught a bit about it in school, and it was always just wild to me to be exposed to what mother nature is truly capable of... Like- pop-off queen, but damn is that shit crazy-" I mutter the last part in order to not get any attention at my slang but of course, it doesn't go unnoticed by the dudes surrounding me, especially not by Abbacchio who was sitting right next to me. While he and Fugo, whose ears were momentarily a light shade of pink thanks to the term of endearment that was used earlier to refer to him, gave me questioning looks. Giorno of course simply smiled being used to my lingo considering my background as well. Not long after Abbacchio sighed while shaking his head.

"Jeez, forget I asked." He commented while I dryly chuckled. After that Fugo cleared his throat in order to continue his own speech that I had intruded on earlier.

"The dog mosaic that we'll be looking for is located near the entrance of the House of the Tragic Poet in Pompeii-"

"Fugo, you'll have to turn right on the upcoming corner- just btw's" I quickly added to ensure he doesn't get mad at Giorno later. However, instead of a quick thank you the vehicle came to an abrupt stop. It sent me flying forward and in order to stop myself from harshly landing backwards on my seat, I wrapped my arms around Giorno and his seat

"Why didn't you tell me sooner, Giorno?! What would've been the point of you correcting the information after I would've taken the turn?! You have the map! You're sitting in front with me for a reason! HAD I KNOWN YOU COULDN'T HANDLE SUCH A SIMPLE JOB I WOULD'VE LET Y/N BE MY GUIDE!-"

"Heeeey, Fugo!~ Darling~ Sweetie~ I know Giorno screwed up!~ But this ain't a big deal!~ It's okay!~ I gave you the correct info, and now we can be on our go-lucky way!~ There's no need to be mad over a situation that's already been solved, mkay?~" I sweetly said as I shifted over to gently pat his shoulder.

The whole interaction of course had Fugo a flustered distressed mess. My tone and careful gesture seemed to calm his anger, however, seemed to arouse embarrassment over having, practically a stranger, be able to handle him and his anger so delicately and sweetly. It was definitely something that bewildered Fugo right then and there. How could someone he barely knows be able to both bring down his temper and bring up a fluttering sensation within his heart?

And while that turmoil was going inside him, Giorno couldn't help but switch his eyesight between my own arm basically on his titty since I was still lunged up in front, and the slight envy he was feeling as he watched and listened to me calm Fugo down as well as giving him a small comfort.

"What the fuck is happening right now?" We were all broken from our own trances as Abbacchio spoke up. "I don't know if you're all aware, but we have a mission to complete!" He barked at us as we all awkwardly went back to our original positions and Fugo resumed the drive. A drive that for the next few minutes was filled with an uncomfortable silence. At least for Fugo, Giorno, and I that is. Abbacchio was more annoyed over the whole situation than anything else. But alas, that awkwardness came to a halt when we finally arrived at our destination. Once there we all immediately got off the van.