chapter 10

Damon

When I opened my eyes, I hadn't even remembered falling asleep. All I could think of was her. The warmth of our bodies moving perfectly against one another. It was ethereal. Until I reached for her, only to find that she wasn't in my arms.

Groaning softly, I looked over and spotted a note on the coffee table. My shirt was gone, meaning she took it, which made me smirk at the flashbacks. I sat up and picked up the note

Had to leave, I have dance class.
Sorry :(
I'll see you soon. I love you.

- love, Aristotle

And I love you, I thought. Smiling down at the piece of paper, I got up and slipped back on my boxers and sweatpants. I ran a hand through my hair, swallowing hard.

Now she's gone and I was back to emptiness replacing her company. I knew if anything was more important than me, it was her dance practices. But we never got to spend as much time together, and yesterday, I completely ruined our night.

I ought to make it up to her. Tonight I couldn't, obviously. On most occasions, I'd sneak into the studio to watch her dance, because I fucking loved seeing her being herself. Carefree and at ease.

It was no secret that she was talented. When she danced, she could make the crowd feel her emotions. When she thought she was alone, even the silence was graceful. She moved like music, a melody. Flowing into the air, filling it with her feelings.

Dancing in front of a huge crowd was her dream, showing the world who she was, her talents and ambition. The spotlight belonged on her. Well, she was already the center of my universe but she deserved more.

She was an artist. Her beauty defined art, her mannerisms were like a poem, her voice was music. She was art. Not even Monet, Van Gogh or Varley could capture her beauty in a canvas. I knew from the moment I laid eyes on her that she was going to be mine. And from that moment I knew, I was all hers. Out of everyone in the world, she chose me. That was beautiful.

I glanced back at the couch, where just moments ago I was making love to her. The flashbacks lingered. Shaking my head, I smiled, unable to get her off my mind. Those sounds leaving her pretty lips, the way her body moved under me, aroused and desperate. The way she felt around me. God she was destroying me. She was killing me with all her love and admiration and suddenly,I was brought back to life. She made me both weak and strong. An effect she wasn't aware of.

I bit the inside of my cheek, pushing away any other intimate thoughts. I needed to focus. In a few hours, I'll be breaking my promise and doing more things she didn't like.

I had a race tonight. And there was a party at Travis' beforehand. It's almost seven in the evening and I was already dreading it. I hated being surrounded by people who weren't her. In other words, I hated people in general.

Parties were never my thing, always made me feel nauseous and out of place. I only put up with it because Travis insisted I go. I thought about asking her to come with me, so we could be miserable together but I remembered she had dance.

I had the urge to skip the party to simply watch her perform. But that would mean I had to face her. Facing her meant I had to look her in the eyes and she'd see right through me. No matter how much she begged me to change things, I wouldn't. I couldn't. Even if I wanted to.

I wasn't a good guy, my lifestyle wasn't the one she deserved. She would never truly be happy with me and yet, somehow, she was. With me, she's happy. Even when all I did was hurt her. She always saw the beauty in life, the good in everything, The light in the dark. And there was something in me worth sticking around for.