𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦; 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘦

Start from the beginning

Speaking of Valerie, Liv had found herself loving the library, the scent of all the books reminding Liv of Valerie's bedroom. She would go there often with Hermione, Ronnie, and Daphne, all of them spending their extra time there to study or chat. All through that time, Hermione would try her best to do much research on Liv's father the best she could without letting Liv actually know what she was doing.

On Halloween morning, Thursday, Liv was awoken to the delicious smell of baking pumpkin wafting through the Slytherin Common Room. She was all cozied up under her covers with Winter purred up against her chest. She eventually sat up to find Daphne, Ronnie, Millicent, and Adelaide were all gone, probably having gone downstairs to snack on whatever delicious treats awaited them.

In Professor Flitwick's Charms class, the short teacher had announced that he thought they were ready to start making objects fly, something they had all been dying to try since they'd seen him make Adelaide's chameleon zoom around the classroom. He paired everyone up to practice.

Ronnie was with Daphne. Malfoy with Theo. Hermione with Ron. Peter with Harry. And Liv with Mattheo.

As the teacher explained to the class what to do, Liv didn't know, but Mattheo had his eyes on her. If someone were to look in on the two, they'd think that the boy had a little crush on her. Which was far from the truth, "One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Professor Flitwick asked, and Liv looked across the way to see Hermione had proudly shown her's, causing the Slytherin to eye her with a smile, "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone," and everyone swished and flicked their wrists with wands in hand, "Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."

"Wingardium Levio-saaa," Liv heard Malfoy mutter, pointing his wand at his feather.

Liv took a deep breath before staring at her feather, pointing her wand at it, flicking and swishing her wrist, "Wingardium Leviosa," and to her delight, the feather floated into the air, causing her to smile. She turned to Mattheo who smiled as well, but before he himself could do the practice—

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick cried, clapping and Liv looked in his direction, "See here, everyone! Miss Gaunt and Miss Granger have done it! Oh, splendid!"

Liv and Hermione beamed at each other, while Ron rolled his eyes, smashing his face against a pile of books, "Well done...Gaunt," Mattheo whispered to her and she looked at him, wondering why he said her last name so oddly. But decided to ignore it.

Especially when they were all distracted by a—

BOOM!

Liv looked across the way to see a boy named Seamus had an exploded feather, with debris covering his entire head, while Harry stared at him shocked but calm, "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor," Harry quietly said.

          After class ended, Liv ended up walking through the courtyard heading to her Defense Against the Dark Arts class with Ronnie, and Daphne; Malfoy, Theo, and Mattheo behind the three. The girls were talking about the class while the boys complained about the essay Professor Flitwick assigned them when Liv overheard the conversation from the group in front of them.

Ron, Harry, Seamus, and Peter.

"It's Levisoa, not Leviosar," Ron mimicked, leaving Liv confused, "Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!"

"Who are you guys talking about?" Liv asked, causing the boys to look back at her.

But before they could mutter a word, Hermione busted past them, quietly crying to herself as she bumped into Ron's arm. He stumbled back a bit while Liv, along with Ronnie and Daphne, all figured out who they were talking about, "Liv—"