𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦; 𝘐 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘦

HALLOWEEN NIGHT:
the mountain troll in the dungeons

--------- "You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got." ---------

THE GIRL WHO ENDURED

                    THE NEXT MORNING, Mattheo couldn't keep his eyes off of Liv and Ronnie when they walked down from their dormitory with Daphne

                    THE NEXT MORNING, Mattheo couldn't keep his eyes off of Liv and Ronnie when they walked down from their dormitory with Daphne. He listened to the girls as they giggled about little dumb things, almost smiling to himself with knowing what he knew. He could've easily asked Liv and Ronnie what they did last night, knowing that if they said anything other than being in the common room, they were lying. He did, afterall, watch the two walk out of the Great Hall the previous night and didn't come back till very late.

He wouldn't say anything, of course. He couldn't let Liv know.

But when Malfoy walked up next to his friend, watching the girls now as well, but confused, Mattheo just acted like he wasn't staring. He was sure Malfoy didn't notice seeing as how that boy was obsessed with Liv as well. Obsessed with her secret at least.

At breakfast, before heading over to her table, Liv walked over to the Gryffindor table, subtly greeting her new friends like The Twins, Neville Longbottom, etc. But then she nervously poked her head next to Harry's, her smile dropping, "Okay," she whispered. "What do we do?"

"Do about what?" Harry asked.

"Did you have such good sleep last night or did you forget about the—"

"Shush!" Hermione snapped while Harry pulled Liv down next to him.

"We've been talking about it," Harry whispered, "We just can't seem to figure out what that...thing...could be guarding."

"It's either really valuable or really dangerous," Ron spoke up.

"Or both," Peter added.

"Can we all just agree that it's a mysterious object?" Liv asked.

"Yes."
"Yes."
"Yes."
"Yes."

And with that, Liv nodded before she rejoined the Slytherins and started eating breakfast, sitting next to Ronnie, "Was that about...?"

"Yep," Liv whispered, the two of them stuffing themselves with food, the adventure from the night before having boost their appetite.

But soon enough the start-of-bell rang and they were all on their way.

♔ ♔ ♔

                    BEFORE LIV KNEW IT, she'd been at Hogwarts for two months. And although she had been so busy with all her classes, her homework, with Malfoy nonstop bugging her about her secret, Hogwarts had felt like a second home. A home she wished could be her first. The more the time goes by, the more she realizes she'll have to leave soon for Christmas break. She'd love to just stay at the castle, but she couldn't leave Valerie all alone with Grandpa Jack.