Astrid ate what she could, then threw the rest of the food away. She went back to her room and got dressed into some normal clothes. She put on her lab coat and left to Kat's office.

Astrid knocked on the door and waited for Kat to say something. The doors the opened up for her. Astrid walked in and found Kat sitting at her office. "Astrid, I'm glad you're here. How was training with Cruger?"

"Tiring."

"You feel sore, don't you?" Kat asked. Astrid nodded her head. "You'll get used to it. And you won't have to do much today."

Kat walked to her shelf and pulled out a notebook. Kat then walked to Astrid and handed her the book. "For you."

Astrid looked through the notebook, but it was completely empty. She looked to Kat, feeling confused. "What's this for?"

"Well if you're gonna be working here, you're gonna have to start writing things down somewhere. Plus, you aren't just here to help me out. You're here to create some of you own things. I'm sure the notebook will be quite useful for you."

Astrid stared awkwardly at the book. "But I'm only here-"

"Temporarily. I know." Kat finished. Astrid awkwardly looked down at the floor. "But neither you nor I know how long you're going to be staying here. So for now, think of stuff you want to invent. It'll be quite useful.

Astrid nodded her head. "Thank you. I'll do my best."

"Alright then. I'll send you off to do your work."

Astrid nodded her head. She left the room and waited for the doors to close before excitedly jumping around. She calmed herself down, fixing her clothes before leaving. She was never like this before she joined S.P.D.

Little did she know that a boy in green happened to be watching with a smile. Just like last time, a kid in a candy store. He found it adorable.

~

She spun around in her chair while thinking for ideas. all she had so far was a sketch of an engine for a bike. That was about all she had.

Her eyes landed on her shelf. Astrid didn't remember buying any books yet. She stood up and walked to the shelf. She picked up the books and looked through the pages. They were tech books.

Astrid grabbed another book and flipped through the pages. A small piece of paper slowly began to fall, but she quickly grabbed it before it could fall to the floor. Astrid eyed the paper and opened it up.

Enjoy the books -Bridge

Astrid smiled at the note. She carefully folded it and placed it in the pocket of her lab coat.

Astrid grabbed what books she had and took them to her desk. She quickly read them and then went straight back to work.

About an hour later, a knock came from the door. Bridge came walking in with his eyes just slightly open, clearly tired from the day he just had. "You look like you're going to faint any second now."

Bridge scratched the back of his neck. He then went and sat down on her bed. "Jack made us do a five mile run in the mud swamp. Then it was martial arts class. I feel like I can go to sleep for a hundred years."

"I doubt that's possible."

Bridge sat up, he then spotted the books sitting on her desk. "I see you've started reading the books I got you."

"I already finished them."

Bridge looked at her shock. "You finished them?" Astrid nodded her head. "How?"

"Did you forget how fast I am? I can do a lot of things faster than the normal person. Running, reading, almost everything. Even my heartbeat is faster than the normal person. It probably only took me maybe about a minute to finish them." Astrid explained.

"I probably should've gotten you more books. Maybe I can go back tomorrow and get you more. there was a whole shelf full of them. I'm sure some of them would have come in a set. I should ask next time I go..."

"Bridge, it's fine. This is all I need. Thank you for the books. I appreciate it." Astrid smiled.

Bridge smiled back at her. "It was nothing. I just thought you would enjoy them."

The doors opened up again. They both turned to the door and watched the robotic dog enter the room. "This is, Rick. Have you met him yet?"

Astrid shook her head. "I've past him once. And that's about it."

Rick's mouth opened up and the red ball fell from his mouth. "Look like he wants you to throw it."

Astrid picked up the ball. The doors were still open, so she threw the ball as hard as she could out the room. Rick quickly ran after it, the doors closing right behind him. "Amazing."

"I know right. Kat made him. Unfortunately he is getting pretty old. His batteries might die out at some point."

"Hopefully not too soon." Similar to the stars, Rick was also like her. There was a limit.

Bridge saw her open notebook sitting on her desk. He saw all the random sketched of engines all over the page. He stood up and leaned over to get a closer look. "What's all that?"

Astrid turned around to looked at her sketched. She sighed, then turned back to Bridge. "Kat gave me this notebook to write down any ideas I had. I ended up just drawing a few random bike engines."

"They look pretty good. But you don't seem happy about it?" Bridge said, turning back to look at her.

Astrid shook her head. "I thought that I would have ton more ideas. But nothing seems to be coming to me."

"Hey, it's only the first day. I'm sure more ideas will pop into you head at one point. You can't expect everything to come all out at once."

She smiled at Bridge. "Thanks for the reassurance. I think that helped calm me."

"Anytime. And if you ever need any help, I'm always here. I'm actually pretty smart myself when it comes to these things. I've helped Kat with a lot of her inventions. I even try to make my own. Sky doesn't seem so happy about it since we share a room. But he'll get used to it. I'm sure."

Bridge turned back to Astrid with a smile. She smiled as she listened to him rant for a bit. For some reason, his voice just seemed to calm her down and distract her.

Seeing as how close their faces were to each other, his face began to feel hot. He stood back up and stepped backwards. "I think I need to go back to training. I'll see you later. Remember, don't be afraid to ask me for anything." 

"Thanks, Bridge."

He quickly left the room and ran back to his. He sat on his chair and leaned his head back. Bridge took of his gloves and began touching his face. It was still warm. He looked in the mirror and saw he was a bit red.

"What is going on?"

Hope you enjoyed!
Updates every Friday and Monday!