1

i sharpened my demon carver, each little spike coming out of it needed sharpened on its own, it was an annoyance to maintain the weapon, but i had too, i was one of the few of the Yiga clan entrusted with it.

only the stronger of the clan got demon carvers, everyone weaker than me have vicious sickles, and those stronger have wind swords.

The Yiga clan is terrible, but they treat the members well, thats the only reason i joined.

"Oi Y/N! one of the higher ups is calling for you." I looked up at Rensa, and just gave a nod, then got up and latched my demon carver onto a belt on my back.

Rensa scoffed, "what? still too high and mighty to speak?" he crossed is arms.

i just shook my head, i was actually just scared, I'm a total wimp and everyone here seems to think its cool.

he pushed past me into the training room, and i ignored him.

i walked into a room I've only ever been in once before, and it was full of masked men with wind swords on their backs.

"Y/N! see this is the prodigy i was telling you about, isn't he adorable!" one of the men turned to another, "Oh you weren't lying! he's pretty." One of the female Yiga chirped.

"...w-why am i here?" I fought the urge to cover my face with my hands at my stutter, and one of the high ranking members answered me after an 'awe' from the woman,

"Oh yes, Link is back! and your being sent out to kill him, oh master Koga will be so happy with us when my dear Y/N comes back with that bastards head on a platter!" the man who recruited me here answered, "you've come so far from that muddy little boy who was abandoned by the sheika! if anyone here could defeat the champion it's you my boy, now gather your things! come back here and we'll give you some rupies and info on him."

I just nodded again. all the people of my rank or below think I'm cool, but everyone else finds me cute.

as i began to walk away the female member stood up, "Oh! and wear this, it's been enchanted by master Koga himself!" she handed me a Yiga uniform, but it was a bit different.

i nodded again and walked out and went to my room i shared with two other members.

i changed in our bathroom, it was the normal uniform but it was sleeveless, and had a symbol of luck over my chest, and some Opal embedded the neckline, which was very high, and there was a large Opal stone embedded in the middle of my back.

i went to my bed and grabbed a stack of  ofuda, and put them in a little bag that hung off the back of my belt. (ofuda are those little paper bombs)

i stuck one of the ofuda to my chest and put my hands together, making me look like a normal traveler, i would've done this after i left, but i didn't want the higher ups to know I wasn't wearing a mask.

once i was ready, i went back to the room i was in before, and they gave me a back of 10,000 rupies, and another small bag with sapphires and rubies in it. the higher ups told me i could replace the opal on my uniform to fit the situation.

and with that, they gave me a map, a description of Link, and sent me on my way to the Zora's domain.

as i left the hideout in the gerudo desert i sighed.

then immediately fell to my knees dramatically, then flopped into my stomach and kicked my legs like a child, "I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT SOME ANCIENT CHAMPION WAAAA"