𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙥

The dim lights illuminated the section of the airport that the drivers were stationed in. The drivers that lived in Monaco would leave together for Italy while the others would join them after.

Ana was sitting beside George who had Natalia resting on his other shoulder. Charles returned shortly from the cafe.

"Espresso" he handed Ana the small brown cup with the logo for enzo's cafe printed on the side.

"Thank you" she looked up at him and took the hot coffee from his hand.

Charles took a seat beside Ana. He looked up at the screen that displayed the time of each flights departure, their flight had been delayed due to complications that hadn't concerned Charles. He looked over at George, Natalia who was exhausted had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Charles looked at Ana who had just taken her first small sip of the coffee. He leaned down into the chair and rested his head against her shoulder. Ana smiled softly, moving herself and letting Charles get comfortable. The two stayed in this position until their flight was ready.

The flight to Italy wasn't long, but the crowd of drivers was more exhausted than ever. Daniel had fallen asleep on the plane as well as George and Natalia.

"What should we watch?" Charles placed his iPad in front of him and Ana, he gave her one of his AirPods and the two scrolled through Netflix in search for a movie.

"Harry Potter, surely" Ana said.

"Marry me" Charles smiled.

"Fine"

Ana adored how the corner of Charles' eyes would wrinkle when he smiled, it was contagious and Ana could never keep a straight face with him no matter how hard she tried.

The Prisoner of Azkaban began to play. This time Ana leaned her head against his shoulder, he rested his face against hers and they watched the movie in peace. The flight was quiet but the subtle noise of the flight attendants moving around and the distant chatter was enough to put them both to sleep.

"You're doing it wrong"

Max moved Ana to the side by her hips, he put his hand into the car and moved the steering wheel.

"I think I know how to do it" Ana rolled her eyes, it was the first time Max had spoken to her since the 'incident' and he was mansplaining something she'd done at least a million times.

"I'm sure" Max tightened the collar of his racing suit.

"Is that all?" Ana asked.

"I hear that Italian clubs are good, maybe if I win this weekend we'll go out" Max didn't take his eyes away from Ana's as he was talking.

"And what if I win?" Ana now turned her body to his, standing a bit taller and speaking with a bit more confidence.

"Then we won't go out, I'll be at your hotel"

Ana chuckled softly, not knowing whether to take the Dutchman seriously. He smiled, knowing he'd made her nervous, he returned back to his car and left her to put on her helmet before slipping into her car.

The practise session at the Imola track would last half an hour. People from all across the world would be watching.

The drivers of the Ferrari's and Mclaren's had already set promising lap times. It was now Ana's turn on the track, both her and Max would be pushing to see the lap times they could achieve in their cars.

"Okay, now it's only you and Max on the track" Andrei confirmed.

"Let's do this" Ana spoke before taking off onto the track.

The track at Imola was filled with long straights, the speeds that the Red Bull could achieve with DRS activated were incredibly fast. The difference to formula 2 was extreme and the adrenaline would kick in as Ana placed her foot on the accelerator.

And what if I win?

then I'll be at your hotel

"And that's 1:16, keep it up"

Andrei broke Ana out of her thoughts, she cussed herself out, unaware that she was speaking out loud.

"Everything alright?" Andrei asked concerned.

"Yes I'm fine" she replied.

"Alright just stay concentrated, I'm here if you need me"

The rest of the practise session went smoothly with minor error. The only thing that Ana needed to do was stay focused on the track and with the race day nearing closer she needed to pull herself together. But she couldn't forget what Max had said to her and the confidence of him is what struck her by surprise. She was used to men being nervous around her, and she hated to think it was because of her looks as she hated cocky people but Max never looked away from her, and he always carried himself with pride which is something that had Ana completely attracted to him.

Ana just repeated in her head her wish for the weekend.

I hope I win