The Saturday Night

Start from the beginning

After that slowly everyone got up and left. I was leaving the conference room with Luke by my side.

"That was impressive!" Luke said to me as we entered the elevator. It was packed with a lot of people who left the conference room with us and were going to the fourteenth floor.

"It sounds exciting." I replied with a smile.

"I just can't believe they trust us so much!" Luke replied.

Trust. Did Aaron really trust me? If he did, why doesn't he just tell me about why he is behind this whole revenge thing? Does he not trust me enough to know that I would never do something to intentionally hurt him?

What you have done is not the reason for this. What you have not done might be the reason for this. What happened in the end is definitely the reason for this.

I recalled Aaron's words. I still remember then so clearly. But, I still do not understand them. I remember the pain in his voice when he said it. But, what did he mean? What happened in the end?

"Earth to Amy." Luke was waving his hand in front of me as we got off the elevator and stood aside.

"Yeah, sorry. I zoned out." I blinked.

"I was asking if you wanna join us to the club this Saturday night?" he asked casually.

"Us?" I asked.

"Some work friends. I can pick you up at nine. It is Saturday night. It gets wild but it will be fun. I can drop you too."

"I don't know, Luke. I don't even drink and I am not comfortable around so many people that I do not even know." I groaned.

"Come on, you know me and if you do not go out, how will you ever meet new people. If it is about Aaron, I am sure he wouldn't mind." Luke tried to convince me.

"I'll think about it." I told him.

"No you are not thinking. Thinking makes you do the things that are grandma-ish, You are going and that's final."

I rolled my eyes at him. "There is no word like 'grandma-ish'. I said I'll let you know."

"Amy, I said you are-" Before, he could complete what he was saying, someone who just rushed past him, knocked into him causing him to loose his balance and he fell forward, almost hugging me. I was pushed back due to the force and my back hit the wall behind me. If someone would see from a distance, it would look as if Luke had caged me between him and the wall. Almost romantic.

I shuddered at the thought and before I could push him away, the elevator pinged and Aaron walked outside. He turned right and saw us. I did push Luke away but, it was too late. He had already seen us. He was shocked at first and then his face turned blank and he just walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------‐-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are you off to?" Aaron asked me as I sat down on the couch to wear my sandals.

"Somewhere. Why do you wanna know?" I asked without looking at him.

It was Saturday night and I was going to the club with Luke. He didn't give me a choice but I was excited anyway. It will be refreshing and fun, hopefully. I was wearing a midnight blue knee length dress with brown sandals and matching earrings. I had a little makeup, enough for the club. Luke will be here in fifteen minutes and I am almost done.

"It is nine thirty in the evening. Don't you think it is a little late to go out alone?" Aaron asked again sitting opposite to me with his coffee and laptop.