mitch marner | toronto maple leafs

Mitch and I had been friends practically since we were born, and we could never be apart for more than a week. Lately, I've been feeling a little bit more than friendship for him. He's the only person who's been a constant in my life and that's slowly made me love him more and more.

     The Leafs had two days off before their next game, so Mitch decided to hang out with me. I showed up to his house in sweats and one of his sweatshirts that I'm pretty sure he lent to me five years ago and I never gave it back. He opened the door with the biggest smile on his face and I swear I nearly fainted right then and there.

     "Come on, I wanna watch a movie." I giggle as he pulls me inside. "Okay." We sit down on the couch and he puts on This Is the End. Shortly into the movie I begin to get cold. "Mitch, I'm freezing." "Come here." He pulls me into him and throws a blanket over us. I feel overwhelming comfort from being so close to Mitch and I relax into him, his body heat enough to keep both of us warm.

After the movie was over, we ordered takeout and sat on the couch facing each other while eating. I stole some of his food and he stole some of mine, like always. After we finish, Mitch decides that he's tired and we head to bed.

"You can sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the couch." He starts to walk out of his room when I grab his arm. "Sleep in here with me. I don't want to be alone." "Are you sure? I don't want to make it weird." "Oh, Mitch. It's way past weird for me." "What do you mean?" "I like you, Mitch. Like a lot. You're the only person who has been there for me my entire life and that has made me fall in love with you."

"Y/n..." "I know... I shouldn't have said anything. I'll go now." "No! I like you too. I just didn't think you'd ever feel the same." "You do? Yes. Ever since we were kids." "Well then what are you waiting for?" He practically runs to me and picks me up before planting a kiss on my lips and I melt into it. "Can I borrow a t-shirt? Because this sweatshirt is too hot." "Sure." He grabs a Marner shirt out of his closet and turns around as I throw it on.

"You look good with that last name." I blush and slap him on the arm. "Shut up." "I'm serious. Maybe one day you should change it to that." I just laugh and kiss him. "Let's go to bed." We climb in the bed and he immediately pulls me to him, our bodies pressed together. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I smile. "I'd love nothing more." He kisses my forehead and I lay my head down on his chest, falling asleep to his heartbeat and into the best sleep I've ever had.
————————————————————————
521 words