quinn hughes | vancouver canucks

Quinn and I had been best friends all throughout high school, and anyone (except Quinn) could tell you that it was obvious I had a crush on him. He never seemed to notice or care, and he always came to me for romantic advice, not noticing the pain in my eyes every time he told me about the new girl he liked.

     When he was drafted by the Canucks, I was over the moon for him but sad because that meant he would be moving far away and I wouldn't get to see him. As soon as the draft was over, he called me. "Y/n! I did it! The Canucks drafted me!" "I know, I was watching! I knew you'd do it."

     I decided that I would fly out and surprise him so I packed some clothes quickly and bought a cheap ticket and flew out. When I got there, I had Jack pick me up and I snuck in Quinn's room while he was out back getting some fresh air. I laid in his bed turned away from the door and held my breath as I heard him walk in.

     "Who is in my be... Y/n!" I giggled as he jumped into the bed and hugged me tight. "How are you here?" "I bought a last minute ticket so I could see you after the draft." He hugs me again and suddenly gets up. "I have something for you." He grabs a package and hands it to me. I open it up to find a Canucks sweatshirt. "Quinn! I love it. I'm your #1 fan." I put it on and dance around and he laughs.

     After a while we get tired and lay down and I hear Quinn take a deep breath. "Y/n?" "Yeah Quinn?" "Listen, I like you. A lot. And I know this might ruin our friendship but I..." I cut him off with a kiss. "I like you too Quinn." "Wait, really?" "Yes Quinn. I've liked you since I met you." He kisses me and we fall asleep cuddling.
————————————————————————
348 words