Chapter 29: Final Battle Part 2

(Y/n) POV:

Titan after titan, Levi and I were alternating killing each of the titans that led to the beast. I could hear the rest of the scouts screaming, as they charged him. Each time the beast threw more large rocks, the more of the scouts died, but I tried my best to not think about that.

The last three scouts shot off their last signal flares, as the beast titan pummeled them with rocks. "How sad, all that screaming for nothing." The beast titan stated, just then Levi and I broke through the green smoke. Rage clearly seen in our eyes, the beast titan roared and went to knock us out of the sky.

I dropped down, and sliced his ankles, as Levi cut up his outstretched arm. We then switched, I went high taking out the beast titan's eyes, as Levi cut the back of his knees. Levi then cut his other hand, making the beast titan's neck wide open. I went for it, my blades cutting through his flesh, and hair.

The blonde man came out again, screaming. His eyes filled with rage, as he turned, I shoved my blade into his mouth. "It's over monkey." Levi hissed, as he landed next to me. I wanted to kill this beast man, but I hesitated. "(Y/n), what's wrong? Kill him." Levi snapped "I-I can't. W-what if there is something still barley alive out there. You can revive them with the titan serum, and they can eat this guy. Then the beast titan's power will be ours."

"You have a good point." Levi held his chin thinking, but before he could say anything else, we could hear thumping behind us. We quickly moved out of the way as that stupid cart titan came and saved the blond guy again. "Kill them! Go now!" He shouted in pain, as the mindless titans turned towards Levi and I, and started running for us.

"W-wait." I whispered "(Y/n) snap out of it! Let's go after him, before he gets too far!" Levi yelled as he shot off towards the first titan. I shook my head and quickly followed his lead, killing titan after titan. We reached the wall, and saw the blonde guy talking to Eren. We skidded down the wall. "What the hell?! What does it take to kill you two!" Blondie screamed "I'll be back to save you from this Eren!" he shouted as the cart titan took off running.

"L-levi, (Y/n), please it's Armin." Eren stuttered out "What happened to Armin?!" I snapped, Eren didn't reply he just turned his head, to look at a very charred body. My eyes widened, and I felt tears falling down my cheeks. "I-is he?" I muttered "No, he is still alive, barely." I met eyes with Levi, pleading him to use the serum to save Armin.

Levi sighed and went to get it out as Mikasa landed next to us, and shot off a red flare. I was slightly confused, but then a red haired boy named Floch got on the roof, holding a dead looking Erwin. Floch said he was still alive which cause a whole fight to break out, since Levi wanted to save Erwin instead of Armin. Hanji and the rest had also shown up.

I was yelling at Levi to save Armin, but Hanji caught my attention. "(Y-y/n), you are bleeding.." She whispered, I raised an eyebrow at her. "Hanji this is no time to joke!" I shouted at her.

"But...your left side is bleeding through your shirt." I looked to where she was suggesting, my eyes widened "(Y/n) why didn't you tell me you were hurt?!" Levi shouted. "I didn't even know it myself.. But forget about me please save Armin!"

"No! Erwin gets the shot! Everyone get out of here! Hanji fix (Y/n). I don't want Erwin eating one of you instead of Bertholdt." I tried to fight with him more, but the look he gave me, made me shut my mouth. I turned and followed the others. We watched Levi from afar, and that's when I noticed how badly my side was hurting.

I put my hand on the wound, wincing. "(Y/n) let me help." Hanji whispered, but before I could reply, I blacked out.

-------------------

The sun was warm on my face, as I slowly woke up. "(Y/n) you are finally awake." Levi said as he handed me his water canteen. I gladly took it and took a long, big drink, the water cooling, my sore and dry throat. "W-what happened?" I muttered. "After you passed out, I decided to save Armin. We put Erwin in a abandoned house, covering him with his cape and Hanji put flowers on a table next to the bed." I nodded, and smiled sadly that my friend was alive, but I was also sad that Erwin was gone.

Levi then explained that there were only 10 scouts left. Hanji, Levi, Armin, Eren, Mikasa, Floch, Jean, Connie, Sasha, and me. My heart shattered, 'only 10 of us are left.' Levi then continued to talk about what they had found in Eren's basement. I slowly nodded, everyone then gathered up our remaining supplies.

I rode with Levi, as my body was too weak to ride a horse by myself. Levi had attached (H/n)'s reins to his saddle so she could follow us. "You okay?" Levi asked as we neared the wall. "Y-yeah, just sad about all the people we lost." He hummed and we continued to ride in silence.

Once we got back to HQ, it was eerily quiet. All of us grieving at the loss of our comrades, friends, and family. We all ate in silence at the same table, we shared sad glances at each other. I then left the mess hall and went to Levi and I's shared room. I grabbed one of Levi's t-shirts, and a pair of my gray sweatpants. I then headed into the bathroom, I unwrapped my bandage. Revealing the sewn up gash on my side. 'I must have been hit by a rock, that was thrown by the beast.' I thought as I looked at it.

I then turned on the shower water, I sat on the shower floor and sobbed. Once I had stopped crying, I actually cleaned myself and got out. I put on clean bandages, and put on my clothes. I crawled into Levi's bed, as he went to shower. I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't. 

I quietly got up as Levi was still in the shower, and made my way to the common room. It had four couches, two coffee tables, eight end tables, and bookshelves. In the back right corner, hidden in the shadows, was a black, wooden, piano. I sat on the bench and glided my fingers lightly on the keys.

I felt tears falling down my cheeks as I began to play the Scouts' song (the song that is attached). I couldn't bring myself to sing it, but I shortly heard several voices behind me. I turned my head to look over my shoulder, and I saw Hanji, Mikasa, Eren, Armin, Connie, Sasha, Levi, and Floch  there. Levi sat next to me on the piano bench. His sad silver eyes, looking into my (e/c) ones. He kissed my cheek, and laid his head on my shoulder. 

The rest of them sang the song, for our fallen comrades, our fallen heroes. This final battle was successful, but at a great cost. Their sacrifices will never be forgotten, as they are the reason, that the 10 of us are still alive tonight.

A/N: The song attached always makes me cry DX! I hope you enjoyed! Last chapter is tomorrow!