Chapter 2: Back to The Underground

Levi POV:

"You want me to go back there?! What the fuck Erwin!" I yelled to the tall blonde man, "We have rumors that someone has started using ODM gear again, and they are causing a lot of problems."

"So? what am I supposed to do about it?" My silver eyes glaring into his bright blue ones.

"You came from the underground and best know your way around. You probably even know who is using the gear, and how to stop them."

"Fine." was all I said as I stormed out of the room.

--Two Days Later--

Erwin, Mike, and I were all on our horses heading into Mitras, to the entrance into the underground city. I kept my normal stoic expression. I was not ready for this, and was especially not at all ready for who was using the ODM gear. "We're here" Erwin said in his deep voice, and we all hopped off our horses, and met with some MPs, and headed down into the place I refer to as hell.

"Alright Levi, where should we start." I 'tched at Erwin. "We should get into some of the taller buildings, and wait until we see them." Erwin nodded and we climbed into an old building to the top floor. We sat there for what seemed to be hours, just waiting. It was driving me crazy, I hated the underground and wanted to get back to the surface as soon as possible.

The underground was dirty, disgusting, and filled with shitty people. I grew up here, and when I finally got out, I vowed to never return. Except for someone, I was very close with, but I would never tell Erwin or the others, or even her. As we sat my mind flashed back to a memory, I thought I had forgotten.

----Flashback----

I was walking in a dark alley, but I couldn't care less. No one in their right mind would think of messing with me, but then I heard someone crying. I pulled out my knife, just in case, but once I found the source of the crying, I put it away. A little girl with (h/c) was sitting against a wall, her knees pulled up to her chest, and she was sobbing into them.

I quietly walked over to her "Are you okay?", the little girl tensed and looked up at me, her (e/c) orbs meeting my silver ones. She sniffled, "I-I ran away from m-my home." she muttered out. Her face and arms were covered in dark bruises, and I knew I couldn't just leave her here, "Come on." I simply said as I started to walk away. I stopped and turned to make sure she was following me, which she was.

We walked into an abandoned building where I lived. "You can stay with me, until you can learn to defend yourself" she nodded and sat down "What's your name?" her small voice asked.

"Levi, and you?"

"(Y/N)." I simply nodded, and that was just the beginning.

-Few Years Later-

"Levi!" (y/n) groaned, "What brat?"

"Why do we have to clean all the time?"

"Because this place is disgusting." she groaned, but continued to help me clean our small house. I was now 16, and (Y/N) was 14. She had become my best friend, while we grew up together, and stole together.....

--End Of Flashback--

"Levi! There they are!" Erwin yelled at me, pulling me out of my memories. We quickly pulled our hoods up, and jumped out the window to chase them. Of course, it had to be the one person, I wasn't prepared to meet again so soon. She quickly tried to loose us, but I knew how she moved, so I stayed pretty close to her. When she jumped into a small hole in a building, I went over it. She jumped out the other side, and I came down on her, causing us both of us to fall to the ground. I landed on my feet, while she rolled a bit, but she used her momentum from rolling to propel her into a backflip, which she landed.

We then started fighting, 'damn she has gotten good' I thought. Our fight was cut short when Erwin stopped her, before long she was in cuffs kneeling on the dirty ground. Erwin asked questions, but she refused to answer. Mike pushed her head into the dirty ground, making me grimace with disgust. 

"What is your name?" Erwin asked

"Her name is (Y/n), (L/n)" I spoke, her body tensed when she heard my voice, and I knew she recognized it, she sat up and shot daggers at me with her eyes. A look I haven't seen in a long time, her (e/c) eyes, starring into mine. Once she agreed to join the Scouts, I escorted her out of the underground. "Been a long time, huh Levi?" She asked her voice laced with anger, I didn't answer her, I just stayed quiet. Her voice hadn't changed at all, in the past 10 years.

-----------------

We arrived back to head quarters shortly after leaving the underground, and I led her into the barracks, and uncuffed her. "There are clothes over there on that bunk, change into them and meet me in the hall." I said pointing to her new uniform, she just nodded and I left her to change. I stood right outside the door, and listened, just in case she decided to escape.

After a few minutes she walked out in her uniform, "Come on." I said as I started walking to HQ, so she could be introduced to all the others, and placed in a squad.