"Didn't want five years. Too long."

"It's not. I even waited ten years for-"

"Then why add 'nother five years?" she turned around to poke my forehead. "Not thinking at all."

Napatawa na lang ako bago siya hinalikan. The pattering of rain made a comforting sound in the café's balcony. Dumaan kami dito kanina para magrelax sandali. Lilliane had to finish some paperworks and I had to make assignments as well. Dito ko rin sinubukang buksan ang tungkol sa panliligaw ko na 'di ko alam ay matagal na pala akong sinagot.

If we were together all those years, the other pests wouldn't be able to get close to you then hm...

"Tito... Tita... Nakita niyo naman po na tinotoo ko ang pangako ko. It was your daughter thatㅡ"

I received a light slap on my arm, alongside Lilliane's playful glare. Natawa na lang ako sa reaksiyon niya.

"Napakasumbungero." she accused. "'Di naman magulang para magsumbong."

"Because they were the one I made the promise to. Kailangan malaman nilang sinunod ko ang pangako. It already had a lot of... adjustments, after all."

"Mama and Papa approves anything that makes me happy." masayang saad niya habang sinisindihan ang kandila. A beautiful smile made her look more lovely than anything else. "And you make me happy... a lot."

Hindi ko maiwasang titigan ng matagal ang mukha niya. It's been almost eighteen years since I first saw her here. Back then, it was a lonely child with lifeless eyes that stood just as alive and dead in the middle of the cemetery. Now, I have her within arm reach, with the wind still blowing her beautiful hair but her eyes now lively than before.

She was still the same enchanting woman that put me in a curse... but there's also something different.

The little girl that I adored has grew up into a confident and independent woman.

Nagbago siya. She's enjoying her life now, from the littlest drop of rain to the fancy adventures we've had. But along her journey to put herself first, she was still the same selfless girl. She was still the same beautiful soul that would help anyone she can.

I would never regret giving her those five years... because during those times, she achieved a lot.

She finished her degree. She spent a lot of precious times with family and friends. She got to befriend Marcella, often having a coffee with her in rare weekends. She did a lot of activities that she refused to before. And even though I was a little anxious I would be forgotten again... I enjoyed watching her busy life at the sides.

Lilliane had roadtrips for days with her friends. Inaanyaya niya ako pero binabawalan naman ako ng medical school. When she's back, Theo and Oliver would often steal her time just chatting and talking about games. Kapag libre si Caspian sa law school ay nililibre niya naman si Lilliane sa kung anong kainan na makita. And Kairo seems to have every time in the world, because he'd just appear anywhere.

Sometimes, I'll see them when I'm driving her around. Often times, I'll hear the stories from her once the weekend comes.

Kapag weekend naman kasi, she stays at home because of my Mom.