Chapter Seventy-Four: Here Comes Trouble, But Make It Double

-chapter seventy-four-

THIRD PERSON

A third enemy, huh.

That reminds Finn of the person June once hinted. Someone who ordered her to imitate the sparrow back at the Beast's Castle. Was Kairo implying himself with no knowledge of the third person, or does he know?

Alam niyang galit si June at Marcella. Ang una ay naniniwala na kailangan nilang magpalit ng buhay, while the latter is threatened by a non-existent crown. Both of them are already dangerous alone, so if someone was pulling the strings behind, it will only make the game difficult.

Nilibot ni Finn ang paningin sa paligid. A series of smiling or either serious faces, all a little familiar to her eyes. Hindi niya alam kung sino sa kanila ang tinatawag na enemy ni Kairo, at hindi niya rin alam kung ilan dito ang pumapanig sa kaniya o hindi.

She feels like she's in the middle of hungry crows - their crimson eyes burning straight at her.

And if Finn can't rely on anyone but herself, all she needs to do is be vigilant. To harness her weapon and keep an eye out for everything.

May that be a friend or a foe.

Kasalukuyang nakatayo si Finn sa harap ng isang zodiac door. It was the same as the previous one. Isang napakalaking pintuan na gawa sa iron at unang tingin pa lang ay sobrang bigat na. But when Finn placed her hand on the center and gave it a light push, kaagad itong nabuksan.

Finn walked inside, the small light peeking through the space between the doors. Tuloy-tuloy lamang ang pagpasok niya na hindi niya napansin ang isang manlalaro na sumunod.

The large doors closed with a loud thud, briefly shaking the floor they're standing on. It was different from the dam earlier. Much, much different.

There was a fraction of a forest, a sea, a lava ground, and a waterfall section around them. In the center, where Finn was standing, was the grassland, all green and neatly-trimmed. Finn shifted her eyes from the waves that splashed over the rock, to the quiet crackles of fire, the soft chirping of birds inside the forest, and the quiet hum of waterfall on her other side. Hindi niya alam kung anong klaseng zodiac ang titira sa ganitong klaseng realm.

"For sure, it's not gonna be Leo."

Kaagad na napalingon si Finn sa narinig na boses. A dark-haired man stood behind her, casually leaning on the door. Hindi niya ito kilala.

"The zodiac, I mean. Hindi si Leo ang nakatira dito. It's another zodiac. What do you think it is?"

Finn did not answer, since hindi niya rin naman alam. Kanina pa itong mga tao na lagi siyang tinatanong ng mga bagay-bagay. Mukha bang may sagot siya sa lahat?

"So you're really very quiet as the rumors say? Or do you just pick the people you want to talk with?" he slightly tilted his head as if to study her. "Do I just have to wait until you acknowledge me?"

"Need something?"

"From you?" he asked, making Finn nod. "Nah, nothing really. Sinundan lang kita because this seemed to be the most interesting path. I believe I'd have fun here."